Page 53 of 91 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Anyone want to brave the Nutnfancy video to give a Clif's Notes version?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    One of the recoil spring rods came out of the spring retainer allowing recoil spring to bind.

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Too bad Nutnfancy can't ever make a five minute video. This is one of his shortest at 15 minutes.

Anyway, he was just talking about how much he liked the MCX when it stopped working. During disassembly they found the mangled recoil spring.

Despite the many opinions for or against the guy the plastic spring parts don't seem to make much sense and a failure of this type doesn't really surprise me. I think a better option, obviously, is steel and aluminum. Possibly some sort of unitized assembly seen on most pistols nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Too bad Nutnfancy can't ever make a five minute video. This is one of his shortest at 15 minutes.

Anyway, he was just talking about how much he liked the MCX when it stopped working. During disassembly they found the mangled recoil spring.

Despite the many opinions for or against the guy the plastic spring parts don't seem to make much sense and a failure of this type doesn't really surprise me. I think a better option, obviously, is steel and aluminum. Possibly some sort of unitized assembly seen on most pistols nowadays.

Ironically the MPX has a metal (aluminum?) spring retainer while the MCX has a plastic one. Go figure......

Wonder if they're interchangeable?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't know if this was news to everybody else, but John Hollister says in this new video that they are going to come out with a slick side receiver module to replace the FA if you don't like it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy5X...MxYyODEwMjAxNg

I like an FA, so it doesn't really interest me, but many have asked for it.

Feedback Score

Did the plastic part actually break? It looks like it's intact and the rods simply came uncoupled.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    PSA: Sig is issuing a mandatory carrier exchange on the MCX rifles.
    https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...cement-program

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Drawing of the new carrier assembly.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Drawing of the new carrier assembly.

So did Sig change the bolt too? Looks like they put a radius on/between the lugs or am I reading that wrong? What purpose would that serve?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    So did Sig change the bolt too? Looks like they put a radius on/between the lugs or am I reading that wrong? What purpose would that serve?
    The radius makes the lugs stronger. Best example of this is on the KAC E3 bolts.

If the spring retainer is pinned it would prevent removal of the left side guide rod which is needed to remove the cam pin..... Interesting.

They need to address the charging handle if they haven't. I have heard rumors that they have a new one but have never seen it. Seriously though, we have cracked the code on a durable charging handle years ago. How the original design made it to market is a mystery to me.

Page 53 of 91 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast