Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't have the rounds through my Virtus like I did on my old gun but I've got no complaints. Expensive but it does have some unique features if that appeals to you.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Rattler worked fine in the -17 degree F weather we had here over Christmas in Bemiji. No video because the phone didn't work.

Wind chill put it around 35 below zero.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Would you put it at the same level as the CZ bren or even a sig 553 or is that an apples to oranges comparison?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    Would you put it at the same level as the CZ bren or even a sig 553 or is that an apples to oranges comparison?
    Not the same animal. Way more accessories available than the bren though.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    I have the non virtus 16 inch mcx, I have also shot the 11.5. Both rifles shoot really well and I really love the mcx series overall. Getting an original mcx for 1000. Is one hell of a deal. The things that kinda sour me on the virtus is the drastic price increase for the “improvements”. Also the fact they made the newer bolt incompatible with my old bolts is a pain. So if I want to do a barrel swap, which I probably won’t, to a nwerer virtus barrel I also have to make sure to have the newer bolt. The last point is a minor gripe but I want the virtus to come down in price. If it does I’ll buy a 9 inch 300 Black.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They are different animals. The MCX is about the most modular thing on the market while the the 553 is the pinnicle of the AK design. The quality of the Swiss gun is by far and away better than the MCX while not really adding to the performance. The MCX is the more future proof design that takes advantage of newer manufacturing techniques. The 553 is stamped steel that is welded and brazed together. If you want a modular gun get an MCX, if you want a Rolex, get the 553. If you want the absolute best performance in a specific configuration, get a top end DI Ar15. Anchoring the USS Carl Vinson? Get the Bren.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 12-31-17 at 17:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think a more fair comparison would be between the MCX, FN SCAR and ACR.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    They are different animals. The MCX is about the most modular thing on the market while the the 553 is the pinnicle of the AK design. The quality of the Swiss gun is by far and away better than the MCX while not really adding to the performance. The MCX is the more future proof design that takes advantage of newer manufacturing techniques. The 553 is stamped steel that is welded and brazed together. If you want a modular gun get an MCX, if you want a Rolex, get the MCX. If you want the absolute best performance in a specific configuration, get a top end DI Ar15. Anchoring the USS Carl Vinson? Get the Bren.
    Great quote, especially about the Bren. By the way, great to have you on this forum and not just the AK files.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I think a more fair comparison would be between the MCX, FN SCAR and ACR.

What are your thoughts? I know you are a very early adopter .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What are your thoughts? I know you are a very early adopter .
    I know it wasn’t directed at me but...
    ACR is all but dead. The SCAR could be a whole lot more but FN isn’t interested in selling many of the varients. I personally like the lower and stock design of the MCX better. Mechanically it is hard to judge which is a better design. The SCAR looks like it would do better with foreign debris in the action but also has much larger avenues for stuff to enter. The revised charging handle on the MCX is in a better location than the one on the SCAR and doesn’t reciprocate. Both have reinforced Bolt designs vis-à-vis an AR15 and retain the use of said magazines. The big wild card for the MCX is future support as Sig drops platforms semiannually. Hopefully the rather wide adoption in LE and limited .mil use globally keep the MCX from being pushed out of their cateloge in favor of a rainbow tribal .380 pistol.

I think the MSBS/GROT would be an interesting rifle if it hits our shores and has good factory support.

Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast