Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Isn't that what SIG has done?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    No. The long op-rod on the PDS adds quite a bit of weight that the current MCX system lacks. Geissele said that he was having problems with building a new trigger for the MCX because the operating system is particularly violent. Adding some weight to the carrier probably would help a lot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    No. The long op-rod on the PDS adds quite a bit of weight that the current MCX system lacks. Geissele said that he was having problems with building a new trigger for the MCX because the operating system is particularly violent. Adding some weight to the carrier probably would help a lot.
    A heavier carrier would probably be nice and it might be possible to make a new carrier extension (or action spring guide or whatever SIG calls that bolt carrier top piece) out of tungsten. Or make a 223 assembly with really strong action springs and another with weaker springs for 300BLK.

I wasn't aware that Geissele was having trouble making an aftermarket trigger but I see a couple different options currently available on the website.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    A heavier carrier would probably be nice and it might be possible to make a new carrier extension (or action spring guide or whatever SIG calls that bolt carrier top piece) out of tungsten. Or make a 223 assembly with really strong action springs and another with weaker springs for 300BLK.

I wasn't aware that Geissele was having trouble making an aftermarket trigger but I see a couple different options currently available on the website.

Don't get me wrong, I think the SIG is the best thing going in AR innovation right now. I look forward to seeing how the AR-lower add-on kit works out and how they address various problems.

Geissele is releasing the trigger soon, I think. Honestly, I'm sure he's had a trigger that worked fine in the MCX for the vast majority of users for a long time, it was probably just not up to his high standards. He discusses it here, along with the MPX trigger problems he's been working to address:
    https://youtu.be/e0vFvE5ko3c?t=46m42s

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think the SIG is the best thing going in AR innovation right now. I look forward to seeing how the AR-lower add-on kit works out and how they address various problems.

Geissele is releasing the trigger soon, I think. Honestly, I'm sure he's had a trigger that worked fine in the MCX for the vast majority of users for a long time, it was probably just not up to his high standards. He discusses it here, along with the MPX trigger problems he's been working to address:
    https://youtu.be/e0vFvE5ko3c?t=46m42s
    At what point does he mention the MCX? What time interval?

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    At what point does he mention the MCX? What time interval?

The link takes you to the exact spot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    He briefly mentions the MCX and the trigger. They have that solved and those have been shipping for sometime. He says that they are having problems with making a lasting trigger for the MPX.

TL.DR The MPX, not the MCX, is giving Geissele problems.

As for the heavier carrier. Meh, the guns shoot smooth as is and seem to be reliable. There are numerous ways Sig could increase weight without resorting to exotic or alternate materials and they chose not to.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 02-18-18 at 22:16.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Would very much like to know what LAV thinks of virtus he had suggested early in thread to wait and see what sig had done with the platform.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Are there Rattler kits available with the M4 adapter anywhere?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I just picked up my MCX Virtus today. I have my AR's, I just wanted to give a piston rifle a try.

Last edited by Biggy; 03-01-18 at 10:10.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I just picked up my MCX Virtus earlier this evening from my FFL holder. I also got 12 30rd windowed P-mags in MTC color to match, along with 4000 rds of 5.56 ammo. If the rifle works out, I will probably replace the Virtus 15" inch handguard and get the MI 13.5 non-suppressor rail/handguard in MTC color (not available yet) to match the rifle. I will also be adding a Precision Armament AFAB mini comp to the barrel. I have my AR's, I just wanted to give a piston rifle a try.

Very nice! Interested to hear your impressions after you’ve gotten rounds through it. The Virtus is on my short list for 2018.

Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast