G&R Tactical
Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mcx Rattler, apc9 and snakebite mcx sbr

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    For those of you who have Rattlers as social weapons, what are you running for ammo?
    " For Augustus, and after him Tiberius, more interested in establishing and increasing their own power than in promoting the public good, began to disarm the Roman people (in order to make them more passive under their tyranny)[.] "
    - Niccolò Machiavelli, 1520 -
    Dell'Arte della Guerra (The Art of War)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    For those of you who have Rattlers as social weapons, what are you running for ammo?
    While I don't own one I'd have to say supersonics. Maybe the Lehigh Defense 115gr Controlled Chaos?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    With the 5.5" barrel, I think you're going to need to look at ammunition that functions via expansion rather than fragmentation. I believe the Barnes 110gr "black tip" Tac-Tx seems to be the load that the military has tested with the Rattler for super sonic use.

I'd advise some research before using any loads with bullets that have slots cut into them or frangible bullets. There are a couple of reports around the internet of suppressors on .300blk firearms being destroyed by bullets flying apart. One case involved a slotted bullet, the other a frangible. Sig's .300blk barrels use a faster twist rate than other .300blk barrels in the industry, and this may be a factor.

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687