Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimslow View Post
    I never felt the need for a PCC before, but this is rapidly becoming my favorite little gun. I've even been looking around at MP5 clones since I got it.

I should have my stamp anyday for mine. Now i want a apc300

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    No issues with mine, .300/5.56. Mindless bitching as normal about the upgrade.
    Do you have pistol or carbine? Will newer 5.56 barrel assembly fit older 300?
    Last edited by thegreyman; 02-17-19 at 17:57.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    Do you have pistol or carbibe? Will newer 5.56 barrel assembly fit older 300?
    Only if has tap in the serial

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SIG has a press release out this morning announcing that the Virtus has been adopted by Orlando PD. At some point it might be interesting to compile a list of departments (both home and abroad) using the MCX.

The SIG 516 appears to have been dropped from the civilian 2019 catalog and is now only available for LE/MIL sales. I can see it eventually being dropped completely in favor of the MCX.

Now if we can get a 308 version....

Edit to add: Would the market want a rifle based on something like the DPMS G2 308? This could be coupled with something like the Hydra mag well that could be swapped out depending on need. Combine this with an upper that will accept a 5.56 or 7.62 (both x39 and x51) barrel. This new system would probably need both a heavy and light bolt carrier that would be swapped with the barrels and mag wells but it would give unprecedented versatility. Unprecedented cost too perhaps....
    Last edited by Tokarev; 02-19-19 at 06:02.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Before this thread dies, I thought I'd throw up a pic of my newest MCX upper. I built a LVAW "ish" upper for my SBR'd rattler. 6.75" barrel, Virtus upper, SIG hand guard, SRD-762QD suppressor. I also have a 11.5" 5.56 Virtus complete upper on the way, just to round things out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How is the Virtus holding up for anyone with one? Does someone here have one with a significant round count? I am seriously considering a 6.75" .300BLK but just can't find any quality reviews online. All the reviews look like typical paid-for reviews in a gun magazine.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Before this thread dies, I thought I'd throw up a pic of my newest MCX upper. I built a LVAW "ish" upper for my SBR'd rattler. 6.75" barrel, Virtus upper, SIG hand guard, SRD-762QD suppressor. I also have a 11.5" 5.56 Virtus complete upper on the way, just to round things out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by methical20 View Post
    How is the Virtus holding up for anyone with one? Does someone here have one with a significant round count? I am seriously considering a 6.75" .300BLK but just can't find any quality reviews online. All the reviews look like typical paid-for reviews in a gun magazine.
    I have 8000 rounds on mine. No issue

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post

Is that a Canebrake hand guard, on a rattler upper? And how do you like the M4 type stock as a folder? I have the knuckle that came with my 5.56 upper, but I keep thinking it's going to be really wide when folded.

I'm digging the 11.5" 5.56 setup, I just wish it was a little bit lighter.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Is that a Canebrake hand guard, on a rattler upper? And how do you like the M4 type stock as a folder? I have the knuckle that came with my 5.56 upper, but I keep thinking it's going to be really wide when folded.

I'm digging the 11.5" 5.56 setup, I just wish it was a little bit lighter.

Yeah, that's one reason I got a legacy MCX. It is noticably lighter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 LastLast