Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Questions about CZ Scorpion Evo 3 going SBR and 922r

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Bumping this up because I really want a Scorpion EVO 3 SBR. However, I’ve never Form 1’d a pistol into a SBR (all mine are factory SBRs) AND I know next to nothing about the Scorpion. What is the easiest way to get one into as factory-looking configuration as possible (as in the photo in post #1). Thanks in advance.
    1. Buy Scorpion pistol.
    2. Send off NFA paperwork to ATF
    3. Wait
    4. Get approval/stamp and then order 922(r) compliance kit from CZ
    5. ??????
    6. Profit
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    1. Buy Scorpion pistol.
    2. Send off NFA paperwork to ATF
    3. Wait
    4. Get approval/stamp and then order 922(r) compliance kit from CZ
    5. ??????
    6. Profit
    I was thinking CZ stopped producing the compliance kits. I guess I need to go check out their web store.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I was thinking CZ stopped producing the compliance kits. I guess I need to go check out their web store.
    No idea. It's possible. I bought mine years ago when they first came out after waiting patiently for years for them to release them.

These days the brace option is also worth consideration.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    If I may ask, why SBR it at the current time? The ATF, for now, has made no push against the brace, and keeping it in pistol form allows less hassles for transporting it/ownership. If the ATF bans the brace concept (inevitable) then go ahead and submit the NFA paperwork.

Just curious.

Feedback Score
    I think that you're primarily looking at it from a functionality standpoint. If that's the case, SBR'ing a pistol may not be worth it. I'm more of a collector, so I'm in it for the authentic look. I had SBR's long before pistol braces became a thing, so I'm already on the ATF's radar. BTW, I don't agree that the ATF banning braces in inevitable. The more braced pistols that get made, the less likely they are to do so.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I think that you're primarily looking at it from a functionality standpoint. If that's the case, SBR'ing a pistol may not be worth it. I'm more of a collector, so I'm in it for the authentic look. I had SBR's long before pistol braces became a thing, so I'm already on the ATF's radar. BTW, I don't agree that the ATF banning braces in inevitable. The more braced pistols that get made, the less likely they are to do so.
    Gotcha, makes sense.

As an aside, my fear is that when the first mass shooting with a braced pistol occurs, they'll be banned by EO much like the bump stocks were. That's neither here nor there though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234