Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about CZ Scorpion Evo 3 going SBR and 922r

Feedback Score

Questions about CZ Scorpion Evo 3 going SBR and 922r

Forgive me if this has been covered, I can't seem to find it. I'm interested in picking up a Scorpion and only really want to get it so I can SBR it. It's been brought to my attention that since I'll be "making" a rifle, compliance with 922r is incumbent upon me. Makes sense, I just wonder if anyone knows yet what will be necessary and available to be compliant. The design is such that it seems hard to not go over 10 of these items.

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
    (2) Barrels
    (3) Barrel extensions
    (4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
    (5) Muzzle attachments
    (6) Bolts
    (7) Bolt carriers
    (8) Operating rods
    (9) Gas pistons
    (10) Trigger housings
    (11) Triggers
    (12) Hammers
    (13) Sears
    (14) Disconnectors
    (15) Butt stocks
    (16) Pistol grips
    (17) Forearms, hand guards
    (18) Magazine bodies
    (19) Followers
    (20) Floorplates

Has anyone heard of any domestic manufacturers tooling up to put out enough parts to actually make this thing compliant?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    CZ has asked the ATF if 922r will apply to the Scorpion but haven't received an answer yet. They have said on their site that if 922r is going to apply then they would look into making sure that the appropriate parts are available to make the gun 922r compliant. Nobody really knows anything for sure at this point and won't until the ATF gives an answer.

ETA: From the shop CZ USA site:

Q: I plan on filing my paperwork to make my Scorpion pistol into an SBR. When will factory stocks be available?

A: We’ve submitted a request for clarification with the ATF to find out if 922r compliance will be required for any SBRs made from the Scorpion pistol. If 922r compliance is required, we will be investigating the US-made parts that would be required to make a full SBR compliance kit. If compliance isn’t required, we plan to bring the stocks in for sale.
    Last edited by SteveL; 02-11-15 at 08:54.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    CZ has asked the ATF if 922r will apply to the Scorpion but haven't received an answer yet. They have said on their site that if 922r is going to apply then they would look into making sure that the appropriate parts are available to make the gun 922r compliant. Nobody really knows anything for sure at this point and won't until the ATF gives an answer.

ETA: From the shop CZ USA site:
    Thanks for the quick response. I think 922r will definitely apply, I just hope they get notification on it SOON so they can start arranging for US made factory magazines, probably a fcg, maybe the stock, idk what else.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoeBettuh View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I think 922r will definitely apply, I just hope they get notification on it SOON so they can start arranging for US made factory magazines, probably a fcg, maybe the stock, idk what else.
    You and me both. It's been well over 30 days since they submitted to the ATF for a decision. Hopefully we'll know something before much longer.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Even if 922r doesn't apply, people will probably poke the bear again and the ATF will end up changing they're minds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hopefully a US company can step in and make folding stock of some sort.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    Hopefully a US company can step in and make folding stock of some sort.
    You would think CZ USA could do it in MO or at Dan Wesson in NY.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    Even if 922r doesn't apply, people will probably poke the bear again and the ATF will end up changing they're minds.
    And this is why we can't have nice things.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Just saw this on the Shockwave page. Looks like a fixed stock "system" and hopefully made in the USA. But yeah, an SBR of the CZ looks like fun.

Last edited by Rayrevolver; 02-15-15 at 13:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    There are contradictory letters from the ATF out there. I can understand why CZ would ask for clarification prior to moving forward.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast