Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Rage

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    That said, I couldn't imagine NOT having four seasons. I love snow to the point where I wish we'd get even more.
    I think what Euro posted above would suck to live in and it'd bore me. (He also has 5 G19s & that'd bore me too).
    How would it bore you? I'm sitting here with the windows open wearing basketball shorts and no t-shirt. There's a nice breeze, and the sun is shining.

We get our fair share of cold. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 57. But it'll be back up to 76 by Sunday. Just enough to wear a jacket and look stylish before going back to flip flops for the next 6 months.

Boring is sitting inside while the entire city is shut down due to snow and ice....and owning a bunch of different types of handguns.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    How would it bore you? I'm sitting here with the windows open wearing basketball shorts and no t-shirt. There's a nice breeze, and the sun is shining.

We get our fair share of cold. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 57. But it'll be back up to 76 by Sunday. Just enough to wear a jacket and look stylish before going back to flip flops for the next 6 months.

Boring is sitting inside while the entire city is shut down due to snow and ice....and owning a bunch of different types of handguns.
    That's the thing, we're NOT just sitting around. There's so much to do in winter that no one should be just sitting around. Living in a climate that doesn't change much throughout the year would bore me. I need climate change. Just when I start getting sick of the heat, it's time to throw on jeans & flannel. When I get sick of that, the snow starts flying. See where that's going?

Oh, and I shoot a variety of guns in the snow &/or single digit temps, so that's a nonissue.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score

Easy to talk smack now... wait until July. ;-)

Na, but me personally I like winter. I just wish it were a little shorter. Like three months instead of five/six. I'd rather be too cold than too hot. The summers here are borderline too hot when they get into the 90s. I can't imagine being somewhere it's 100+ every day with the humidity to match. Plus, the winter gives me a reprieve from doing yard work. Sure, I have to shovel now and then, but the time I put into shoveling is probably less than 5% of what I put into doing yard maintenance around the house.
    Last edited by Talon167; 02-17-15 at 10:56.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Here in Minnesota, we like the snow...the more the better. This year has been so sucky for snowfall amounts that my buddies and I had to go to Montana to find enough to ride.
    Yup, that's one way to make winter/snow suck less for sure. Looks like fun. I tried to buy some cross country skis or snow shoes to at least give me something to do outside, and all the places I went were sold out, so I purchased a ticket to Panama.

A buddy of mine is a few hours north in NH and has snow mobiles to ride and lots of trails, but I have been too busy constantly clearing my drive way, finding places to walk the dog, removing snow dams, etc, etc to go anywhere and am too damn tired to do it anyway by then.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That would be tough if one had to bundle up inside while it was cold or snowy, or if you lived in an area where snowfall paralyzes the infrastructure. Boston would suck for that reason. Minnesota, not so much. Two feet of snow and they might start the grade schools 2 hours late. As for Florida, no thanks. Been there. The snowmobiling sucks. Maybe when I get real old, I'll feel differently about wintering in Florida/Arizona/Texas, but until that happens...no thanks. Some people like winter and don't mind the cold.
    Last edited by Hmac; 02-17-15 at 12:32.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That would be tough if one had to bundle up inside while it was cold or snowy, or if you lived in an area where snowfall paralyzes the infrastructure. Boston would suck for that reason.
    It does....
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So the question begs to be asked, the guy that attacked the plow driver with his snow shovel probably did so after the plow driver threw all the snow from the street on to the dude's driveway and sidewalk after hours of shoveling. Can't say that I blame him if that is the case lol.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Pittsburgh's not so bad. I've only been here going on 13 years now, but I think last winter was worse. 2010 had more snow. So did 2003.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Those of us in the Pacific NW are wondering where the snow is for us. I haven't even put my snow tires on this year. I'm strangely ok with a little break from waiting to get through the next snowstorm.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    As for Florida, no thanks. Been there. The snowmobiling sucks. Maybe when I get real old, I'll feel differently about wintering in Florida/Arizona/Texas, but until that happens...no thanks. Some people like winter and don't mind the cold.
    Indeed...

If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast