Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Rage

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Indeed...
    I live on one of Minnesota's 15,000 lakes here in the Land of Sky Blue Waters. I have boats and Jet Skis. Jet Skis are fun...for about the first 30 minutes. The upper picture you show there....

that might seem like an attractive aspect of boating to you, but to me it doesn't hold even the slightest appeal. It's the kind of boating that we joke about up here. We do spend a lot of time on the water and enjoy skiing, surfing, tubing, wakeboarding, and hydrofoiling. Come August, it gets to be kind of boring and it's time for something different. Love the camping, hiking, and hunting in the fall. Love the skiiing and snowmobiling in the winter. It seems like it's hard for people who live in Florida to grasp the concept that not everyone wants to live there. I would MUCH rather put up with our cold temps in the winter than deal with your heat, humidity, and people in the summer, not to mention hurricanes and amoebas.
    Last edited by Hmac; 02-18-15 at 10:37.

Feedback Score
    64 degrees for a high in Houston today.

No rage...no worries.

I honestly don't know how some of you live in those places. Not only do you have to put up with the blue state headaches, the congestion and the high costs of living...but the weather is terrible. At least the Californians have decent year round weather...if you can stand the blue state nonsense there.

I applaud you all that can live in those cold places. I also wish you'd keep the others from leaving and coming here...all I see on our freeways are NY and IL plates. That worries me greatly...knowing their voting habits.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I live on one of Minnesota's 15,000 lakes here in the Land of Sky Blue Waters.
    Do you happen to drink a lot of Hamm's?

Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Heh. Hamm's has long since left the state. Currently, Chicago is apparently now the Land of Sky Blue Waters.

Fulton Lonely Blond is my Minnesota brew of choice. Failing that, Blue Moon is my fallback.

Hamm's Brewery in St. Paul today..... http://www.aaronasis.com/industrial-ruins/hamms-brewery

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    64 degrees for a high in Houston today.

No rage...no worries.

I honestly don't know how some of you live in those places. Not only do you have to put up with the blue state headaches, the congestion and the high costs of living...but the weather is terrible. At least the Californians have decent year round weather...if you can stand the blue state nonsense there.

I applaud you all that can live in those cold places. I also wish you'd keep the others from leaving and coming here...all I see on our freeways are NY and IL plates. That worries me greatly...knowing their voting habits.
    It's a kind of "each to their own" situation, I guess. I've been to Houston. The concept that there are people that like living in Texas has always been a puzzling phenomenon to me, but then again I'm a midwestern boy through and through.

Blue state/Red state...Texas' restrictive gun laws are one reason besides the weather to prefer blue Minnesota.

Last edited by Hmac; 02-18-15 at 12:24.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's a kind of "each to their own" situation, I guess. I've been to Houston. The concept that there are people that like living in Texas has always been a puzzling phenomenon to me, but then again I'm a midwestern boy through and through.

Blue state/Red state...Texas' restrictive gun laws are one reason besides the weather to prefer blue Minnesota.

Does Minnesota have less restrictive gun laws than Texas?!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Does Minnesota have less restrictive gun laws than Texas?!
    Interestingly, yes it does.

In Texas:
    • open carry, even printing not allowed -"Concealed" means that the weapon cannot be visible, and that its presence cannot be discernible through ordinary observation. It is a criminal offense for a license holder to carry a handgun in plain view, or to intentionally fail to conceal the weapon."
    • can't carry in a bar, or even a restaurant if it's alcohol sales constitute more than 51% of their sales.
    • can't carry in a hospital or nursing home
    • can't carry in a church
    • "No Gun" signs posted by any businesses have the force of law. You can be arrested for trespass if they find you carrying a gun. Only a Class A misdemeanor, but that's enough to keep you from getting a concealed carry permit in Texas.

Last edited by Hmac; 02-18-15 at 13:30.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Interestingly, yes it does.
    Never thought I'd hear the reason for not wanting to move to TX was due its restrictive gun laws! NY, NJ, MA, CA, etc for sure, but TX? Very interesting that.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    In Texas you can't carry:

-openly
    -concealed in a location with a 30.06 sign
    -any establishment that sells more than 51% alcohol (violating this one makes you a felon, even if you're just sitting down to have dinner!)
    -high school, college, or pro sporting events
    -college campuses

Idk why Texas has such a great reputation for gun laws. These locations are all non-issues in my state and many others.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Never thought I'd hear the reason for not wanting to move to TX was due its restrictive gun laws! NY, NJ, MA, CA, etc for sure, but TX? Very interesting that.
    Not "the" reason..."a" reason. There are a few other reasons that keep it off my list of places to move to.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast