Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Options for 62 grain reloading bullets?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    They sold out of those nasty things?? Looks like the scare of the ATF ban got their inventory clean up.

I'd definitely prefer a non-penetrator bullet if you can find it.
    As do I, but before these suggestions I had really never been able to find many. I appreciate all the suggestions. I had always wondered why someone like Hornady had never just made a 62 grain version of their ubiquitous 55 grain bulk pack.

I figured I've got to find a new bullet anyway, and if none of these 62's work out, I can always fall back to the Hornady 55's.
    I always wanted to take two shotguns and mount one on either side of a Rottweiler...I will call the breed a Shottweiler

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. It's strange. CBC/Magtec loaded 62 gr FMJ in their .223 line, but you don't often find a 62 gr FMJ for hand loading.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Yeah. It's strange. CBC/Magtec loaded 62 gr FMJ in their .223 line, but you don't often find a 62 gr FMJ for hand loading.
    Is there some reason I'm missing for why that is? It seems like there is a market opportunity for Hornady/Remington/Winchester to make a cheap 62 in bulk. With the prevalence of 1:7 twist barrels and the popularity of m855, it seems like a no brainier
    I always wanted to take two shotguns and mount one on either side of a Rottweiler...I will call the breed a Shottweiler

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I agree. If they were cheap, I'd run them. Sometimes when you just want to go out an blast, slinging 77/75 gr bullets can be a little painful.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Wideners had a bunch of SS109s no?
    Yeah, it was 5k for $625. There was a gentleman around here selling 62 gr. Fusion pulls for a decent price, if I remember correctly.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Isn't the BC and length of the steel core quite a bit different than standard lead core stuff and loads would be completely different anyways?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Good God. Wideners email blast stated they're several days behind due to the tard panic run on M855. At least they'll clean up all that SS109 bullet inventory that nobody "needed" a week ago.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinn-Can View Post
    Isn't the BC and length of the steel core quite a bit different than standard lead core stuff and loads would be completely different anyways?
    Probably a bit different. But inside of 200 yards you could likely dial it in pretty close. Outside of that range, you should be shooting 69 or heavier in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    I seem to remember someone (Hornady?) producing a 62gr fmj lead core @ 30 years ago that was fairly accurate. But not popular because everyone had to have the SS109 not some cheap pretender. If memory serves they weren't offered for more than a couple of years.

I may give the Prvi bullets a try just because.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    I had pretty good luck with the Priv bullets - 62gr FMJ. Used Ramshot TAC with Wolf primers, dont have my recipe book in front of me but decent(i.e. not bad).
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast