Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arc'teryx in DFW?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Arc'teryx in DFW?

What retail stores in DFW carry clothing and gear by Arc'teryx, North Face, Mountain Hardware, etc? There are a few REI locations, mainly Southlake, that are local enough for me to make the trip, but what are some others (ski and outdoor shops)?

I am mainly looking to put my hands on and test the fit of Arc'teryx jackets and pants. I have not gained enough from reading on the internet. I need to physically see and feel the differences between the different models.
    Last edited by TXBK; 02-21-15 at 09:12.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Backwoods in Fort Worth carries Arc'teryx.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    Backwoods in Fort Worth carries Arc'teryx.
    I appreciate it. I didn't know that was there, and it is about as close as Southlake.

I didn't even think to look on Arcteryx.com to find a store.
    There would be all of them. The LEAF website shows that Quantico in Killeen and Spring Guns & Ammo in Spring are the only two stores in Texas that carry Leaf. Does anyone know of another store that carries LEAF?

I would still like to know if there are any good outdoor shops in the Metroplex that carry other brands, other than the shops listed that carry Arc'teryx.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You could also try GST in Grand Prairie, its a LE supply store but may have something along the lines youre after.

Feedback Score
    Try Whole Earth Provision Company near 75 and Mockingbird. They have all the brands you mention. They will not have LEAF however.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Backwoods, REI, and Whole Earth are about it. No one in the area carries LEAF because it's a fairly small market. Most cops aren't going to pay those kinds of prices unless they're outdoor guys. They're going to go to places like GT and buy the awesome 5.11 stuff. Most of the other places like Snow & Ski or whatever it's called will carry Patagonia and Marmot, but the majority of them will only carry North Face, which I refuse to own anything of.

I'm partial towards Backwoods, even though it's a drive for me, but they bought out the store back home I love.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Thank you, Vendetta. I purchase 99% of my outdoor gear online without laying eyes or hands on it until I receive it. I do pretty well at researching my purchases beforehand to avoid most issues related to making purchases based upon internet descriptions and pictures and reviews by others. It is time for me to upgrade my gear in several areas and also begin to outfit my wife, so I need to change my approach. I don't care for sending items back.

Feedback Score
    st bernard sports has the best selection I've found.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss0311 View Post
    st bernard sports has the best selection I've found.
    Plano or Dallas?

Feedback Score
    off lovers. i want to say I got a percent off for bringing in a used article of clothing to donate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast