Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: This is just painful to look at: Beretta APX

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    It's a tad bit taller. About 0.3", which translates to about the thickness of a Glock magazine baseplate taller when both guns are sitting upside down, on their sights and next to each other.

Do I think the Sig 320c will sell a lot of guns? Yes. Do I think it will "kill" the sales of the Glock 19? Nope. There is a reason CCW guns tend to be compared to the Glock 19.

For those people for whom the Glock just does't work, this is a viable option. But it is a bit larger in height.

Now if HK were to make a VP9 the same size as their P2000, and start shipping magazines and parts in ample supply, and keep the price competitive, this may be a option as well. But I'm not holding my breath for this to happen.

Feedback Score
    Assuming that the gun will be well built, reliable and capable of good precision, I'm really liking what I see in the Beretta APX.

It looks like you can get a really high grip on the gun due to the grip design and decently undercut trigger guard. I like the low bore axis and flat slide profile which should help recoil management and help to keep the gun running as flat as possible during speed shooting. I like the fact that the slide serrations ought to allow working the slide with the traditional behind the ejection port technique but also with the thumb over slide forward of the ejection port method that I'm trying now as a result of doing a Frank Proctor class last month.

I hope that the trigger will be at least as good as the Glock trigger, and not heavier than around 5.5 lbs, and that the mags won't be crazy expensive. Of course a compact version that is Glock 19 size will be great.

As far caring about its "looks" goes, that's going full retard. Moreover, whenever I see a gun that suggests increased performance, like the APX, I think that's a really beautiful thing.

I hope that Beretta doesn't screw the pooch on this thing 'cause it looks like it has potential.
    Formerly known as "Son of Vlad Tepes"

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I could give two S(*# about how a service handgun looks.

Hey, I hope this is the top-drawer handgun Beretta is capable of. My suspicion is that its ergonomics will be superior to the Glock (not hard) and in line with the PPQ and VP9. I will give it a look.
    I didn't read all 14 pages but I agree, I don't give a **** what it looks like either. It looks comfortable, actually.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    I think a lot of you have missed the pun on painful to "looK" at.

As they have moved forward from the 92,

They have a history with the 90-two and ARX and CX4 putting look over ergonomics and function.

With not so great triggers.

Have you tried the trigger on a CX4 or the ARX?

And "innovation"that mostly just hurts them.
    The innovative PX4 rotating barrel accuracy is not cool trying to suppress.
    The non interchangeability of the 92/96A1 series with the 92/M9 FS/G/A1 series slides/frames for example.

The mags are not going to be interchangeable with the 92 series mags. Each Glock generation can use the old mags for basic function.

The sight is propietary, and Beretta has a history of not supporting these parts well.

I have lots of Berettas. I look forward to the M9A3.

I would like to look forward to this pistol.

But they leave behind a train wreck that pains me and I fear this is another one of those examples.

Feedback Score
    "Have you tried the trigger on a CX4 or the ARX?"
    - hypothetically these days I think you'd have to try pretty hard to screw up a striker trigger given the fact that its been shown in a few different iterations by other makers that you could have a decent striker trigger, but yep, I guess Beretta could make a mess of it

"The mags are not going to be interchangeable with the 92 series mags. Each Glock generation can use the old mags for basic function."
    - yeah that sucks, but maybe they had to redesign it for various reasons to make the overall design work, if we give them the benefit of the doubt

"The sight is propietary, and Beretta has a history of not supporting these parts well."
    - ok that is really retarded, I hope this is not the case in production guns..

yep the whole thing could be a disaster, but just looking at the overall concept, I like it..of course like you suggested, they could **** it up royally in many different ways
    Formerly known as "Son of Vlad Tepes"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Do not want.

Feedback Score
    Maybe, but doesn't Beretta KNOW that they are entering an already established and highly saturated field with this APX pistol?

Wouldn't they KNOW about the issues that got other striker guns into hot water and want to avoid this? The brass to face and other problems? How could you be in this biz an NOT know those things?

It is probably pretty expensive to bring out a totally new line like the APX. If they screw it up with unreliability or a crappy trigger...they probably know it is curtains for their efforts.

So it is possible that this pistol might indeed run great and be what we are looking for. Maybe not a Glock 19/17 killer but another viable alternative to the Glock, like the PPQ and VP-9 are right now.

Time will tell...

BTW...when do these damn things hit the market?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I constantly hear Glocks are ugly, but I find them cool looking. Now this APX is ugly, and I don't put aesthetics over function.

I'd buy a M9A3 over this if I'm in the market for a Beretta.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Stupid thing is growing on my....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    http://www.all4shooters.com/en/home/...DEX-Abu-Dhabi/

I predict it will have the same rousing success found with their PX4 series and the "improvement" and update to the 92 series, that they were dumb enough to call the "90-two."
    IF ONLY THEY HAD MADE THIS THING USE 92 MAGS I WOULD BUY ONE, BUT NOOOO!!!

Well, since it is a serialized chassis, someone could make an aftermarket grip for it that would use the 92 mags. I have a bunch of 92 mags including several 18rd mec-gar mags. Then I would jump on it.

TED

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast