Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: This is just painful to look at: Beretta APX

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    Corporate boardrooms don't promote sanity, Beretta is back ordered 20,000 M9A3 pistols, Wilson can't get enough pistols
    to fill the backorders that they have.
    Regardless of the public desire for the legacy pistols Beretta made their bones on they continue to push this kind of crap
    on the public who stand with cash in hand.
    It is a insane policy to push plastic junk, when they could sell all the legacy pistols they could make.
    Boardrooms are populated by yes men.
    FWIW, I spoke with Beretta USA's production manager in January about the A3 backlog and he stated that was due almost exclusively to the move.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    "I'm going to laugh my ass off when one of the big instructors adopts the APX, then people start to buy them up like crazy."

So true
    I wouldn't hold my breath.....
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Before Glocks I had never heard the term audible reset. Of course, I knew reset's definition and was aware that 1911's have a very rapid and short reset and that Browning HP's were quite long. Smith M&Ps' reset has been criticized for not being audible and distinct when compared with Glock resets.

My question: Is having a distinct and audible reset necessary in a striker fire pistol? I wonder about reasons for placing so much emphasis on this trait. I also wonder why all the other gun makers don't slavishly copy the Glock trigger. I assume that Glock's trigger patents have expired.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    FWIW, I spoke with Beretta USA's production manager in January about the A3 backlog and he stated that was due almost exclusively to the move.
    We have a bunch backordered. The rep told us at the beginning of last year it would happen. He said they had been wanting to move for a while and were waiting for the final contracts for the M9/M9A1 to be completed.
    Industry Disclosure: I work at a local gun shop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    As someone who owns many G19s, I'd never buy one of these.

But I don't think it looks bad. I actually like it.

Still, it is interesting that they are like 20 years late to the party.
    +1, the G19's are just reliable and work well. not sure why there is so much polymer hate. I have metal guns too, no preference each as a purpose.

Feedback Score
    Beretta's version of the glock...30 yrs late.
    Sig 320 ...sig glock version
    CZ P10...CZ glock version
    M&P.....SW version of glock etc etc
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Deleted.

Oooops Never mind. While multitasking I accidentally posted in the wrong thread.
    Last edited by 556BlackRifle; 03-10-17 at 17:03.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't find that pistol the least bit hideous. Looks just fine to me with just a splash of Italian design flair. There are and should be options to the ugly, cheap, utilitarian gLoCk 19 for those of us who don't want to buy the lowest common denominator just like "everyone else."
    Last edited by HKGuns; 03-10-17 at 17:13.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If they did that then people would criticize them for not innovating which is far worse. Innovation is a good thing. It is healthy for a company to innovate so that institutional knowledge regarding the development of a new system is maintained. Look at the state of Colt. Their newest innovation is the reintroduction of a revolver. While it might make them a quick buck it will hardly make their handguns any more relevant for LE customers.

Keep in mind that in the timeline of Beretta the 92fs is not a legacy product; A flintlock is.
    ******************************************** You would make a fine lawyer ******************************************************

None the less Colt seems to sell everything they can make, innovation works best when your on the leading edge , not on a race to the bottom.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think if Glock showed up today, after the Sig,VP, PPQ, it'd be DOA. It's ugly, clunky, needs new sights, has a trigger an industry is trying to fix, ejection problems......

But it works and somehow has become the gold standard. All newcomers are picked to pieces and hosed before anyone even gets their hands on it. If some SME says "boys, she's good to go", the fluffing begins. Gotta get me one of them. Take the P10 for instance.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast