Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: This is just painful to look at: Beretta APX

Feedback Score
    I think it would be fun it it had everything everyone wants out of the box. The only thing that bugs me about this is that Beretta dI'd not introduce the gun at Shot Shoe. Bertta introduced the gun at a gun show in Dubi. I know Beretta is an Italian company that sells intro natural. The fact they introduced the h
    gun outside of the United States kind of bugs name a little. I don't know why it just does. Maybe the fact it is the Beretta is used by the U.S. military or maybe I feel Beretta focus on the U.S. Market more. I don't really know why it bugs me. It just does. I still would not mind trying it out.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Feedback Score
    I think it would be fun it it had everything everyone wants out of the box. The only thing that bugs me about this is that Beretta did not introduce the gun at Shot Show. Bertta introduced the gun at a gun show in Dubi. I know Beretta is an Italian company that sells intro natural. The fact they introduced the gun outside of the United States kind of bugs name a little. I don't know why it just does. Maybe the fact it is the Beretta is used by the U.S. military or maybe I feel Beretta focus on the U.S. Market more. I don't really know why it bugs me. It just does. I still would not mind trying it out.
    Last edited by saints75; 02-25-15 at 18:59. Reason: I am using my phone and not using tap talk lol
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Feedback Score
    the slide serrations are actually pretty smart. I can't really tell from the pictures, but if they're deep enough, you could maybe use any one of those indentations to rack the slide on a belt or holster etc. Damn i shoulda thought of that. Touche beretta.

The trigger looks kinda like a ppq trigger. The slide stop is far enough forward so that people won't inadvertently engage it easily with a thumbs forward grip.

The gun may not be the prettiest, but the features on it look thought out. It's almost as if they took a little from the P250, PPQ, SR9 and M&P and came out with their own creation. Although i don't get the curved slide that exposes the muzzle of the barrel....i kinda don't like that feature. All it does is increase the chances of potentially damaging the barrel crown if dropped etc.... and the sights look ugly as SIN.

i wonder how the trigger pull is on that thing.

Feedback Score
    I actually laugh at how everyone is poo pooing the damn thing before they even get it in their hands!

Thats ok...they did this with the excellent HK VP-9 so if they will poo poo HK....Beretta is certainly not going to get a pass! LOL

How about we wait and see? Now if it comes out and is a picky feeder, is inaccurate or has other problems...ok...dog on it. but until we handle it, strip it, and actually shoot it...who knows?

Remember when the PPQ came out? Who knew Walther would make such a nice striker pistol like that?

Beretta is not Taurus or Ruger....give them a chance. It is very possible that they DID to their homework and the thing might have a niche like the PPQ or VP-9. Beretta has made some pretty reliable and well made guns - not all were/are dogs.
    Last edited by brickboy240; 02-26-15 at 12:10.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Until they bring out a SAO 92 with frame mounted safety, Beretta is dead to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by badness View Post
    the slide serrations are actually pretty smart. I can't really tell from the pictures, but if they're deep enough, you could maybe use any one of those indentations to rack the slide on a belt or holster etc. Damn i shoulda thought of that. Touche beretta.

The trigger looks kinda like a ppq trigger. The slide stop is far enough forward so that people won't inadvertently engage it easily with a thumbs forward grip.

The gun may not be the prettiest, but the features on it look thought out. It's almost as if they took a little from the P250, PPQ, SR9 and M&P and came out with their own creation. Although i don't get the curved slide that exposes the muzzle of the barrel....i kinda don't like that feature. All it does is increase the chances of potentially damaging the barrel crown if dropped etc.... and the sights look ugly as SIN.

i wonder how the trigger pull is on that thing.
    actually...now that i've thought about it for a while. I think i did think of that.

Lets see how it does

I still think that little slant cut at the muzzle end of the slide should be straightened.

Feedback Score
    I don't really see anything on this gun that makes me go "WTF". Lots of people in the gun world paradoxically hate new things and REALLY hate change. I personally love seeing new guns come out.

It looks like a heavily Glock and M&P-inspired striker gun. That's how it works. Beretta would be silly to dump R&D into discovering concepts and ideas that have already been proven by other large manufacturers.

-I like the trigger design, it resembles the vertical aftermarket units that people prefer for competition. Of course the pull will be the important element here.

-I'd like to feel the grip angle and see the insert options

-I like the large mag release. That's what sold me on my Gen4 Glocks

-The slide serrations look beefy and definitely usable, especially with gloves. In fact the whole gun looks fairly glove-friendly. Big baseplate to grab, big slide stop and mag release, deep serrations, square trigger guard.

-The sights look fairly cheap, but definitely usable. Beretta probably assumes most people will swap them out anyhow.

Feedback Score
    Well, if Beretta's intent was to provoke discussion, I think they've succeeded.

Feedback Score
    True, but the only discussion about it that matters will be when it is released and we get a few trusted reviewers handle them and put them through the paces.

THEN we can really start praising it or dogging on it.

I am keeping an open mind...there is no reason why Beretta canNOT get this right.

Feedback Score
    The market today seems literally flooded with polymer 9mm's from a variety of manufacturers. Not sure what Beretta could do to make theirs stand out from the crowd.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast