Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why the ad's between posts's?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It is an intermittent issue for me between Firefox, IE 9, an Apple device, and a Droid device. I have yet to lose my head over it, but who knows when that could go.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    What's up with these ad's between posts? Is this something on my computer or is this something new that's being tried?
    I'm not getting them on either my iPhone or iPads, nor on desktop or laptop Macs running both Firefox or Safari.
    Last edited by Hmac; 02-24-15 at 10:43.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Seeing them on my android and chrome (no ad blocker) but only after the OP.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I see after the first post in both safari and chrome.

I installed an ad blocker just now in safari and its gone, that extension was called "AdBlock". Works so well I can't even see the sponsors adds I often used as an easy link to get to their sites.

My biggest issue with the adds is they are totally off topic, total spam crap and often just not what I want to see pictures of. They are gone now for me.

I plan on emailing every site sponsor and telling them I have blocked adds specifically because of the taboola cr@p and now can't see their adds which I liked.

I sugest other members do the same if they want to see it done.

As was mentioned in the closed thread on this topic, this is not a mistake or hack and is intentional by the websites owners. M4c just dropped a couple pegs in my book.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any wagers that "AdBlock" won't work in the near future?
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I see after the first post in both safari and chrome.

I installed an ad blocker just now in safari and its gone, that extension was called "AdBlock". Works so well I can't even see the sponsors adds I often used as an easy link to get to their sites.

My biggest issue with the adds is they are totally off topic, total spam crap and often just not what I want to see pictures of. They are gone now for me.

I plan on emailing every site sponsor and telling them I have blocked adds specifically because of the taboola cr@p and now can't see their adds which I liked.

I sugest other members do the same if they want to see it done.

As was mentioned in the closed thread on this topic, this is not a mistake or hack and is intentional by the websites owners. M4c just dropped a couple pegs in my book.

M4C has joined up with one of the biggest and best gun advertising companies on the planet (www.gunup.com). They handle such companies as Glock, Colt, Beretta, etc. We are very fortunate to have them onboard as a sponsor as it means that they recognize us as one of the best gun forums on the net.

Most people are aware, gun forums are being sold to large corporations right and left. M4C remains family owned and operated (one of the last). We intend to keep it this way and thusly keeping a technical forum that is about substance and quality information. One of the things that needed to happen in order for us to grow was the modernization of our advertising setup. Most every large forum out there has done this to a certain degree and we are just catching up. As has been pointed out in this thread, there are ad blockers that you can utilize to remove them from view.

We understand that not everyone likes ads, but to complain about them when your not even a forum sponsor (which costs just $20 dollars a year) is pretty lame in our book.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234