Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: poor site performance...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    So as I mentioned, if it isnt server related, then it is something to do with the routing up here to the great white north.
    Due to the nature of M4C posts, all request from Canada have to go through the ITAR "AECA Compliance Server" -- this can add a considerable amount of time for pages and content to load.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    It lagged for the first time for me yesterday. It was like this for about 30 mins. Other than that 1 time this site has been very fast. The lag could have been on my end just wanted to note it happened.

Feedback Score
    I have been having problems with this site loading slow also.
    The devil danced as he went down
    In the hail of arrows comin'
    Out on the wild Montana ground,
    Custer died a-runnin'.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Forum is very fast for us as well. Last time I checked the load on the servers, the forum is only using about 10-15% of their capability.

Thank you for your input, but you are one of the few people to ever have an issue.

C4

Feedback Score

Smile

I got a dell with yahoo/att high speed (not the fastest that att offers) and it is pretty fast,no problems here although the faster the better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Yep, no problems here either.

This isn't one of those computer-dork type "lags" where it's taking 17 milliseconds for the page to load instead of 10, is it?
    Hardly. One of those things where its taking 10-30 seconds to load instead of 1 second. Once the page actually starts loading, it takes no time at all, but getting the next page to start is the issue.

How many of you are in South Dakota?

@ Thekatar - You'll want to take advantage of what I have to say, rather than just sluff me off like that. A lot of companies pay my company a lot of money for nothing more than a conversation with me. However, if you don't care that I have a problem viewing your site, then I guess I'll just stay away from it.

Feedback Score
    I think the site was down one time I tried to get on, but that is common at some point in time for every site including Amazon.com. Otherwise, no problems and the pages load quickly.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I routinely get transfer times (from request to all content downloaded) between 600ms and 800ms. Occasionally I see times a little over 1 sec.

M4C does not appear to have a server load problem. I suspect you are seeing a network issue somewhere between South Dakota and the Lunarpages (M4C's apparent hosting provider) data center in southern California.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    Hardly. One of those things where its taking 10-30 seconds to load instead of 1 second. Once the page actually starts loading, it takes no time at all, but getting the next page to start is the issue.

How many of you are in South Dakota?

@ Thekatar - You'll want to take advantage of what I have to say, rather than just sluff me off like that. A lot of companies pay my company a lot of money for nothing more than a conversation with me. However, if you don't care that I have a problem viewing your site, then I guess I'll just stay away from it.
    I'm all for making it better.

Feedback Score
    Always fast here. This guy's just trolling for business or trying to make a name for himself.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast