Thread: Semi Frozen shoulder

Feedback Score

Semi Frozen shoulder

Any one have a semi frozen shoulder due to hyperextension and how long did it take to get better?

Background, trying to open a stuck double hung window, push nope Me "am i stupid is it locked? nope" Still no luck by now I'm getting pissed..
    Brace myself ram both hands against center, window stays put Left arm shoots skyward "Ouch". Painful but i ignore it sorta goes away,, fast forward,, I flip something of a clothline A searing pain shoots up my back through my shoulder. Drops me to my knees.. I'm in tears..

Orthopedic doc did his thing... said it wasn't torn just severly sprained..Unfortunatly I baby'ed it so much it froze up over the next couple of months .
    Well I'm in physical therapy, plus stretching excersises at home and have a Tens unit...

Friend said his took a year and 1/2 to get back to normal when he was 30ish
    Hell I'm 53 this getting old sucks....
    As a former skydiver, rock climber, boarder/ skier this is driving me Nuts!!!!
    Heck I couldn't barely hold my AR standing, I had to shoot of the bench...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My orthopedic surgeon thought I had a frozen shoulder, but upon further exam, and later imaging, determined it was a badly torn subscapular tendon, requiring significant (open not arthroscopic) surgery to repair.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I've never heard of a frozen shoulder, probably because I never let mine rest after either of its dislocations. Instead I kept pushing like an idiot and had multiple tears in the cartilage labrum so I had to get it scoped. Shoulder injuries suck man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had issues with frozen shoulders on both sides. In the first case I babied it like you did for months until I finally realized how restricted my range of motion had gotten. I did physical therapy for an extended period...it helped a bit, but I've never gotten full range of motion back, but it's good enough to get by. Years later when the other shoulder started giving me problems I'd learned from the first and got on the stretching/range of motion exercises quickly, which helped a lot.
    Last edited by bmg; 02-28-15 at 17:43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Take the PT seriously, and do it every day (or as much as they recommend). Shoulders can be tough. Did they do an MRI to confirm nothing was torn?
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmg View Post
    ....I did physical therapy for an extended period...it helped a bit,...t on the stretching/range of motion exercises quickly, which helped a lot.
    Well between th PT and Stretching is getting better fractions by fraction...One day I realized I could reach in to my back left pocket something I couldn't do the week before. Then I discovered I could reach upward farther than before...

My latest discovery, while processing .223 brass on my dillon 650 If I use my left arm to operate the press (i'm right handed), It aids in stretching and working the muscles on that injured side, And I accomplish some reloading prep....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So, how's your shoulder more? Still improving I hope.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grgrayson View Post
    Hello, I want to know what physical therapy you have done? I started to feel faint shoulder pain during my recent 200km ride. I guess the cause of the pain is due to poor posture, weakness of the core muscles and incorrect bicycle settings, plus continuous long-distance riding. I haven't had a chance to make an appointment with the doctor yet, so I searched for this, and some people proposed to use the cold therapy machine: https://www.gearhunder.com/ice-therapy-machine/
    Have you ever used it?
    2015 thread...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.