Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Unconventional/Uncommon/Unique Items in Your Kit

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Super difficult to keep after being opened. This is my only disagreement. If you have a solution I am all ears! I keep mine taped up right on the back wall of the refrigerator. (inside the unit) but this is the only way I have found to make it last more than a month after opening.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I have had better luck with the loc-tite brand in the gel type if you want it to last. Get it in the hard plastic container, not the foil tube. Think of it more of a disposable cold pack if you like. One and done, but really nice for the one. Light weight and doesn’t take much room.

Feedback Score
    Don't forget the glycerin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Small bottle of potassium permanganate.

Firestarter, disinfectant, water purifier, and it will flat out kill jungle rot on your feet.
    I never heard of this. I will definitely be checking this stuff out. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Vaseline infused cotton balls in a zip lock bag for fire starting.

- light, compact and work like magic.
    I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. Your post reminded me of using this and I will be putting some of these in my bag. Thanks

Feedback Score
    being a woods guy, i have all the standard stuff to keep you alive.

But i carry packets of salad dressing. So smothering meat while cooking animals/meat i have gathered. Any thing will taste good loaded with Italian dressing on it. And works with all meats and fish. I replace every 6 moths or so.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coachjenorris View Post
    I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. Your post reminded me of using this and I will be putting some of these in my bag. Thanks

Another good fire starter:

Cut cardboard egg carton into individual cups. Fill with dryer lint and then melt wax over it.

A little bulky but they will burn longer than the Vaseline and cotton balls.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    While it's not paracord, I put a pack of waxed dental floss in with my stuff. Handy when needing to lash little things together and handy for small repairs. Can be used as thread also. It's pretty strong.

Feedback Score
    Had forgot all about potassium permanganate, it was a god send in the RVN, will have to find it, the only other thing besides the normal so to speak is an Alaskan Ulu, after learning to use one I like it better they my knifes for field work
    "A shot never fired is always a miss"

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011