Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the hype about warsport lvoa/ salient rifles?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Because a bearded dude sports them on a runway, duh.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Obviously a Salient $2500 glock shoots better than a standard one. I suspect the same it true for ARs...
    I'm almost positive that there have been guys here that have stated otherwise, specifically, due to the lack of function on some Salient glocks.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    It isn't that the custom Glocks don't shoot well as much as that you can achieve the same thing functionally with maybe $500 on top of a stock model instead of $2000

Even if you want the cosmetic stuff, that can be done for a few hundred more

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Same reason a Ferrari is worth 200g more than a zr1 corvette. It doesn't do anything better but it appeals to douches that want pizzazz.

I really doubt a salient would shoot any better than a psa with an AGB.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Same reason a Ferrari is worth 200g more than a zr1 corvette. It doesn't do anything better but it appeals to douches that want pizzazz.

I really doubt a salient would shoot any better than a psa with an AGB.
    People buy Ferrari's for the same reason dogs lick their own nuts....if you're a multi millionaire you can afford a Ferrari, if you aren't you buy a Z06. being a deuche canoe is only a small part of it...it boils down to the almighty dollar.

Feedback Score
    To weigh in on the manufacturers side a bit... what they seem to be selling is shooter confidence. WTF is that and why is it important? For the same reason people buy Colts.. they know they'll perform up to spec all day every day. I examined as many pics and vids I could find on this rifle and have to admit it's very well put together and with some mighty fine components.
    If they've done their math properly what they've built will be a very flat shooting low recoil weapon with a high reliability index. (ie..it does what it's supposed to do w/o mechanical issues/stoppages and the like)

That said. Those same results could be achieved for a LOT less money. Just diddling around with parts costs online (Midway and other retail vendors) I believe the same rifle made to the same specs (not the same appearance) could be made for well under $2000.

Personally I wouldn't ever put a Battle Comp inside a handguard like they have. Even if they've machined the material on the sides. That monkey would get hot hot hot in no time at all. I personally have built for customers pinned 14.5 barreled uppers using "linear accelerator" style comps and had very good results. Flat as table shooter too
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    But you should have enough mags that you don't need to see a grief councelor if you destroy or damage one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The warsport I've shot didn't shoot any flatter or softer than my 11.5" battlecomped BCM with A5 system.

Feedback Score
    18 (91%)
    Overpriced AR. Haven't shot or handled one but the price is ridiculous. Who gives a damn about a bungee cord. If you want to spend $2500 it's you but why not buy a Noveske, bravo, kac or larue???
    rcsperformanceonline.com

Feedback Score
    I just watched that video, and the flash was all over his sight line... and beyond.

Feedback Score
    Sell the sizzle, not the steak.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast