Thread: Problem with Speer GD +p

Feedback Score

Problem with Speer GD +p

My gold dots that I bought are malfunctioning in my Kahr P9. They are not stove piping but the casing is not fully ejecting before the slide tries to return to closed position. This happens every 3 or 4 round and I dont really know why. I bought the +p 124gr 9mm and all I can think of is that the round is too hot and the slide is moving too fast and not ejecting fully. The P9 has a new recoil spring in it so I know the slide is not weak and it also fires factory 115gr's perfectly so I guess it has to be the ammo.

If anyone has any thoughts on this I would greatly appreciate the help.

Would I be better off with just a standard 124gr or 147gr? I would like to stay with speer.

Cam

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The round might be too hot for your gun. Maybe a heavier recoil spring might help slow down / cusion the slide.

I would try some of the standard pressure 124 gr. Gold Dots and also the Federal 124 gr. HST.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Do you have a larger/full size 9mm handgun to try this ammo in?
    Reason I ask, it might be the recoil from this +P ammo is causing a limp wrist type jam in that small/light gun.

And standard 124 HP should do fine in a P9 with good shot placement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MH64 View Post
    Do you have a larger/full size 9mm handgun to try this ammo in?
    Reason I ask, it might be the recoil from this +P ammo is causing a limp wrist type jam in that small/light gun.

And standard 124 HP should do fine in a P9 with good shot placement.
    I am going to run the rest of them through my Glock 34. I dont think I am limp wristing it but since I have been shooting the 34 mostly then I may have just lost my magic touch with the little pistol.

Thanks.

cam

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You might want to try a good 147gr round for the Khar or any other short bbl 9mm pistol.