Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diet Check

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J8127 View Post
    Well done.

My Monster poison of choice has sucralose.
    Look into purchasing raw dextrose. Its dirt cheap at bodybuilding.com. way healthier to boot. I use it post workout or with just water if I'm feeling a touch rundown. I'm also a fan of the Gatorade powder mixes which have dextrose in them, in moderation.

Feedback Score
    Sucralose is probably not much better for you than aspartame. Basically just another processed sugar...right? Not much different than what you find in a can of Coke when you get down to it. There are other odd stimulants in those tall boy energy drinks that are probably not good for you at all. Do what you want but I'd ditch it.

Maybe coffee with some almond milk and agave nectar to make it taste better? Agave nectar is NOT some sort of magic potion but it is a more natural sweetener like raw honey and a little goes a long way so you use very little to sweeten a cup of coffee.

even with the Monster though...you are eating probably better than I am. I have my Greek yogurt and eat more fruits than you do which means I probably take in more sugars (natural ones) and carbs. Still...I am far from being considered overweight.

I tend to believe that all carbs are not created equal. 15gr of carbs from a cookie is very different from 15gr of carbs from eating a banana and an apple.

Still...giving up all carbonated "soft drink" styled beverages has been a huge boon to my overall health and I will always shout it from the mountain top how much better I feel after years of not ingesting those things.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I tend to believe that all carbs are not created equal. 15gr of carbs from a cookie is very different from 15gr of carbs from eating a banana and an apple.
    I tend to agree. One of the sticking points across many different pieces of research and diet trends is the push toward natural and unrefined foods.

I would take yogurt and fruit over canned chemical drink. Beyond the types of sugar and level of artificial refinement, fruit carries with it things like fiber and other various nutrients that make them much more beneficial.

I would also suggest that if your workout has you feeling very run down, first thing is to make sure you are on point with your hydration before looking to sugar additives. I'd rather eat an apple than drink sugar water.

Feedback Score
    True.

While fruits may contain carbs (...that some avoid like the plague LOL) they also contain vitamins, fiber and anti-oxidants that Monster and other synthetic drinks do not deliver.

I tend to try to eat things that look more like you'd find them in nature. I stray from this with Greek yogurt and a few other things.

Some people will tell you to stay away from too many fruits and even things like raw carrots because they contain sugars. Still...I doubt eating those things is going to make you fat! LOL

Another good post workout snack is roasted organic almonds or some other nuts.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Any updates on your progress? Its been a few weeks.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been tracking ALL of my calories for the last month, not just "eyeballing" it.
    Down 4lbs, 16 to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12