Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ARID Products Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am a beta tester for this, and while I'll definitely be putting up a detailed and in depth review in the future, the short story is I love it. As far as I can tell, there's nothing out there quite like it. It's durable, it's simple, and most importantly, it's fast. Really, really fast.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I love it, and being forced to put time on the shotty for the testing has kinda made me start to like the boom stick.

It does exactly what its supposed to do, best side saddle Ive ever used. No warping or inconsistent position like cheap elastic and velcro ones. Its rugged as a one piece unit but can be changed out faster, easier, and with consistent index unlike a velcro one. Its not just the best of both worlds, its pretty much better than either of the current options out there in all aspects.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just wanted to post an update for anyone that's not following along on social media:

Beta testing is in full swing for the 870 and so far the feedback has been solid. I've finished up Alpha testing for the Mossberg model and I'm really pleased with where it's at. I had some concerns about it initially, but it has held up incredibly well. I've got three Mossberg beta test units machined and will be sending them off for anodizing in the next couple of days. Beta testing for the 500/590 model SHOULD being within the next couple of weeks. This week (probably Friday) I'm going to begin alpha testing a "Universal" model. Instead of using hardware (which would have to be different for EVERY model), mounting is achieved by using 3M double sided tape. While I don't love the idea of adhesives, this tape has a temperature range from -30f to +230f (compared to Velcro, which is rated from 0f to +150f). The large cutout is to clear clear assembly pins, so the gun can be disassembled without removing the Receiver Adapter. Also, it should clear most serial numbers. Obviously it won't work for every gun out there, but it should be compatible with many of the most common ones. Me and my other alpha tester will begin putting together a list of compatible models.

While production is a little ways off, I'm incredibly excited to announce that the first ever Q-DCs available for "purchase" will be at the Paul-E-Palooza training conference. There will be one 870 model and one 500/590 model (with two carriers each) donated for the auction. Anyone that's been itching to get one early, that's your chance!
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have been looking for a shell caddy, this really looks good! What is the price point?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I need 2 of these....
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny256 View Post
    I have been looking for a shell caddy, this really looks good! What is the price point?
    Still finalizing the costs... All materials for prototyping have been bought online and shipping almost doubles the cost, so I'm trying to find a good source locally. I'm hoping to have costs pretty well figured out in the next month.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    Do you have any Mossberg 930 prototypes ready for testing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef BRD View Post
    Do you have any Mossberg 930 prototypes ready for testing?
    That's going to fall under the Universal model. My other alpha tester for the Universal is going to be testing it on a 930. I'm pretty optimistic it'll work well on gas guns, the big question is how it'll do in inertia guns

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    That's going to fall under the Universal model. My other alpha tester for the Universal is going to be testing it on a 930. I'm pretty optimistic it'll work well on gas guns, the big question is how it'll do in inertia guns
    Ok - thanks...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Still finalizing the costs... All materials for prototyping have been bought online and shipping almost doubles the cost, so I'm trying to find a good source locally. I'm hoping to have costs pretty well figured out in the next month.
    Any updates? I'm very interested in this for an 870 I have.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast