Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ARID Products Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Man, I wish I could be a tester for this on my M1014.
    Well the bad news is testing is about finished up. The good news that while testing of furthest along with the 870 and 500/590 models, we're also testing a Universal model as well (currently being tested on a Mossberg 930, two Beretta 1301s, and soon a Benelli M4). So far the Universal has performed even better than I initially hoped, so it could certainly be promising!
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by doriwoogie View Post
    Looking forward to new developments. Any chance you can update us here as well? I'm a grizzled old fart that don't cotton much to Facebook.
    You got it. The one thing I didn't want to do was constantly "spam" forums, but I'll be sure to update with meaningful developments.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    You got it. The one thing I didn't want to do was constantly "spam" forums, but I'll be sure to update with meaningful developments.
    Its not spamming here. We are very excited for new, common sense, shotgun R&D.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Interested in one for my 590A1. I will have to hold out until these are available to get one. Keep us updated!

Feedback Score
    Another question for you Spydy, Have you guys tested your product with various receiver mounted sling mounts to see if any of them interfere with it? From the videos I'm assuming the magpul one wouldn't interfere but not everyone is running the SGA.

Just curious, thanks.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Another question for you Spydy, Have you guys tested your product with various receiver mounted sling mounts to see if any of them interfere with it? From the videos I'm assuming the magpul one wouldn't interfere but not everyone is running the SGA.

Just curious, thanks.
    On the 870 version, the Magpul one is REALLY close, but it works. From what I've seen, that one is closer than any others. On the Mossberg version there's tons of clearance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That looks very interesting. My only observation from afar is that the latch looks like it could be inadvertently pushed and the shell carrier released, particularly if guys are wearing gear like plate carriers, mag pouches, bulky clothing, etc.
    I love your hat in the video, by the way. Gave me a good chuckle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    That looks very interesting. My only observation from afar is that the latch looks like it could be inadvertently pushed and the shell carrier released, particularly if guys are wearing gear like plate carriers, mag pouches, bulky clothing, etc.
    I love your hat in the video, by the way. Gave me a good chuckle.
    That was a big concern of mine as well. A friend of mine is a shotgunner on a SWAT entry team who has been beta testing. He has tried making it snag on his gear and has been unsuccessful. Not saying it's impossible or can't happen, but the overhanging tab on the carrier does an excellent job at protecting the latch and minimizes the chance of snags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just a quick update: beta testing has pretty well wrapped up for both the Remington and Mossberg models. We've started production on the first run of the aluminum parts. Within a few weeks we should be launching our crowd funding campaign to help fund the mold for the carrier bodies. The Q-DC's will be priced below retail for the campaign so keep an eye out!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The facebook link isn't working for me. Can I get an updated link? I would really like one of these on my 930 for hunting so I can change out for when I hunt birds and rabbits on the same day and keep one loaded up with coyote ammo for when it sits by the backdoor at night.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast