Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M4C Bowhunters

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Good man. Fixed blade FTMFW.

The Muzzy Trocars are a really nice addition to their lineup.
    Yes, those do look nice. I've used MX3's and MX4's for the last few seasons. Using Muzzy broadheads to me is just one of those things "if it aint broke don't fix it" They have never let me down.

ETA: my wife says the same thing about me wanting a new bow
    Last edited by MBtech; 03-10-15 at 20:16.
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MBtech View Post
    I'm a little iffy on the Rage 2 blades. My cousin and a good friend used them in the past back when they first came out and both had poor penetration on a couple deer. However they did kill a couple too. One was a nice buck that I eventually ended up killing two weeks later. I know a lot of guys certainly have had good results with them, but after their experiences with them I just stuck with my Muzzys. But good luck man hope you kill one with it this year.
    I also have some g5 strykers which are nice fix blades i have stuck with the rages because they tune to my field points, point of impact easier

Thanks for the well wishes I'm sure I will pin o e this year

Sent from my Galaxy Note III using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Do any of you guys fletch your own arrows? I have for years and have always used the same Jojan single arrow fletcher. Wondered if anyone has tried a few different kinds for comparison.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been using a few Bitzenburger Dial-O-Fletch jigs for many years. One was my Dad's and is old, from the 60s. I haven't used anything else because when I got into fletching I was told Bitzenburger was Tier 1. BTW, I hunt traditional. I have several Raptor Yew English Longbows, use cedar arrows with Magnus I, 2 blade 160 grain broadheads

Do any of you guys fletch your own arrows? I have for years and have always used the same Jojan single arrow fletcher. Wondered if anyone has tried a few different kinds for comparison.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserkr556 View Post
    I've been using a few Bitzenburger Dial-O-Fletch jigs for many years. One was my Dad's and is old, from the 60s. I haven't used anything else because when I got into fletching I was told Bitzenburger was Tier 1. BTW, I hunt traditional. I have several Raptor Yew English Longbows, use cedar arrows with Magnus I, 2 blade 160 grain broadheads
    I've heard that myself, if I try a different fletcher it will most likely be a Bitzenburger.

I've been wanting to give a longbow a try for years but just haven't done it yet. I knew a guy years back that used to make bows, and arrows. He flint knapped arrowheads and even used turkey feathers. It was very cool to see the arrows fly to the target after all that work.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserkr556 View Post
    I've heard that myself, if I try a different fletcher it will most likely be a Bitzenburger.

I've been wanting to give a longbow a try for years but just haven't done it yet. I knew a guy years back that used to make bows, and arrows. He flint knapped arrowheads and even used turkey feathers. It was very cool to see the arrows fly to the target after all that work.

Feedback Score
    I have an early '80's model Jennings that I've started shooting again. I had a new string put on it and finally converted to a release. I would like to go to a fall away rest but I've no idea how to figure out what rest will work with it. Any ideas? I would like to go with something like the Trophy Ridge Revolution but I don't know if I have enough clearance to make it work.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkscoach View Post
    I have an early '80's model Jennings that I've started shooting again. I had a new string put on it and finally converted to a release. I would like to go to a fall away rest but I've no idea how to figure out what rest will work with it. Any ideas? I would like to go with something like the Trophy Ridge Revolution but I don't know if I have enough clearance to make it work.

A few different factors to consider I think. Thinking back to an old Bear bow I had, the risers are made a lot different and much wider, not as slim as newer bows, and don't have the wider shelf above the grip. Looking at some pics of that rest it doesn't look like it has a lot of left/right windage adjustment to try and compensate for a thicker riser.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E4gqKPxcnlo

Maybe this will give you an idea. Do you have pics or a link to what bow you have?
    Last edited by MBtech; 03-20-15 at 20:06.

Feedback Score
    I painted it several years ago and can't remember what model it is. I'll try to post up some pics this weekend.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Those boil on wraps are really easy but not cheap. I just shoot cheap arrows and buy more when the fletching is gone. I use to replace every time I ripped or nicked a fletching but soon realized that was pointless. Only need to replace them when they are totally shot or completely ripped off. And of course save 5 that are only for hunting. I shoot them 3 times each into a target to make sure they fly true and then thats it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast