Thread: Olympic Ultra-Match barrel

Feedback Score

Olympic Ultra-Match barrel

I just traded for a slightly used match upper with an Olympic Arms Stainless Ultra Match .223 barrel on it. Oly thinks rather highly of these barrels, but I'm not seeing anyobe who admits to using an Oly Match Barrel. This one is a 1:10 twist. Does anybody have any feedback on these barrels? This ones practically new, but that could be a cause for concern in itself.
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    What barrel length? The 1:10 twist is pretty slow...

Feedback Score
    1 in 10" twist means you'll have to shoot light bullets. I like 1 in 7" or 1 in 8" twist so I can shoot 77 grain bullets and smaller.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What kind of profile is it? Bull or SR? Length?
    As far as Olympic goes - I've shot / built NM and AR type rifles for almost 30 yrs - I have never known anyone who ever used an Oly bbl - back in the day, Olympic was looked upon as junk. Their lowers were cast. Maybe presently they are better - hope the trade was in your favor.
    BTW - like others posted - a 1/10 is very limiting to a 60gr or lighter bullet. You'd have decent luck with 55gr or lighter pills.
    Lastly - I looked at their website - it is laughable that they quote their Ultra Match barrels as "precision broached to the GI specified National Match four lands and grooves bore and a standard 1x10 twist rate." No such specification exists - pure unadulterated hooey. They must be heavily partaking of the medicinal maryjane out there in CO.

PM me for more info if you need it.
    opsoff

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shitheads"- Colonel Charlie Beckwith