Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Window tinting

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Legal up front. 5% all around on back. 5% brow.

I hate the DOT tint restrictions... Id love to have front tint on my semi or my one ton...

Feedback Score
    Though I don't have a picture I run 15% tint on all windows except the front, of course.

I have yet to have it mentioned by a LEO, nor have I ever been pulled over so go figure... My brother on the other hand runs with 5% tint and to me that is just too dark. Keep in mind that the darker you go, the harder to see it will be at night! This is something I had not fully considered before committing, but to be honest 15% is the sweet spot to me and I will be doing it to all of my future vehicles because despite the ticket risk, it is worth it. Granted MO laws may be different than FL as well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Being in the south I'd check out 3M ceramic window tint. We had it in our last car and it really is effective against heat. Our current car tint is much darker but not as effective blocking heat / uv.

Feedback Score
    when I had my last car done went with Huper Optik ceramic tint but here in AZ have to say WOW it really worked extremely well
    so would check into the ceramic tints for sure if you are doing it to keep heat out either the 3m as mentioned or the huper

Feedback Score
    Llumar 20% - Does not fade, protects against heat, glare and UV.
    Last edited by mikelowrey; 03-12-15 at 23:25.
    Everybody wanna be like mike!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The 3M tint seems to be the best and the lifetime warranty sure helps a ton. I had my car done professionally instead of doing it myself. I am pretty sure that this is 32% all around....

"Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    3m 20% matches oem tinted glass really well.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Do them all the same and in black. LE generally doesn't hassle for tint down here.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    LE generally doesn't hassle for tint down here.
    Unless it's 4am and you're leaving a bar district...

I refuse to give LE a reason to stop my car any time they feel like it. It's not the ticket that worries me, it's the harassment on the side of the road that is something I'd like to avoid.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    I don't like it dark, since I do a lot of night/early morning driving, so i went with Llumar Air Blue 80 all around. Same UV/heat reduction benefits as darker tints, but with a very slight blue tint instead. I'm not saying one should do it to the windshield, as that might technically be illegal, but if someone were to do it it's hard to tell. That would theoretically give you the same 99% UV protection on all of the glass, though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast