Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: InSights Training Center - RECONDO

InSights Training Center - RECONDO

InSights Training Center Presents:

RECONDO School

This course will encompass how to patrol, recon, ambush, and raid, and will involve individual and small unit tactics, leadership, planning, operations orders, warning orders, and rehearsals.

One of the ultimate expressions of this was done during the Vietnam War and was know as MACV-RECONDO school . This school was set up by Project Delta (yes, the guys who later founded Delta Force) and then turned over to 5th SFG. This was the basis for LRRP/Ranger type operations in Vietnam. This course will be modeled after that school but with a modern backdrop and modern planning procedures.

There will be instructors from the actual Vietnam Recondo school along with modern experienced Rangers and Special Forces personnel. Outside of the military nothing like this has ever been offered before. Others have done fantasy camps, no one has run the real deal. Most active duty infantrymen never get a chance for this level of training!

This course will be a 24/7 immersion conducted out of a "fire-base" with large military tents and cots, in a training area of more than 800 acres. Food will be provided. The missions will go from very small unit recons, to two-element ambushes, to multi-element raids, with QRF or "hatchet force" operations as well. Basically, 5-6 man to full-class operations. All students will be involved in leadership and planning. This class is not just about tactics-the leadership and planning portions are as important as tactics, as is working as a team. Stress will be induced through the rapid pace: this is a learning tool for leadership and teamwork that cannot be overemphasized.

The course will have plenty of live role players to include "civilians" and each patrol will have an observer/controller/lane-grader with them at all times. Every student will have a chance to work in every role on a team and all of it will be "graded".

This is not a "yell at you and do pushups" course, this is a professionally run course for people that want to learn real skills. Come push yourself and find your limits and what you are still capable of at the ends of your limits. This class will be physical but anyone of reasonable fitness is encouraged to attend. Each mission will include a mile or two total of movement in the woods. The intent is not to "smoke" you with physical skills but to give you enough that you can learn the lessons. Also anyone that needs to take a mission off or suffers some minor injury that does not allow them to continue a patrol will be working in the company HQ helping do the intel fusion, company-level planning, and giving OPORDs to the teams, a learning experience in and of itself. All-in-all over 120 hours of training!

Topics Include:
    The concept and history of LRRPs
    Individual movement techniques
    Small unit tactics/battle drills
    Duties of the individual LRRP team members
    How to call for artillery fire
    How to call for air support
    Combat aid and casevac
    Area reconnaissance
    Point reconnaissance
    Ambush
    Prisoner snatch
    Heavy team raid
    Company raid
    Combat search and destroy
    Combat search and rescue
    Quick Reaction Force operations
    And much more than can be listed here!

Aug 23-31
    Continuous from 12p Saturday until 12p Sunday of the following week so people can fly without taking extra days off. Eight full days of training!

$2,200.00 USD

EQUIPMENT
    Basic field gear. Detailed list issued at registration.

http://www.insightstraining.com/us/v...3&categoryID=4

Feedback Score
    Wow that's quite a course, and it's within my neck of the woods!

Feedback Score

Nice to see someone thinking creatively. I thought the hardest part of the original class, was a swim test that was in a river with swift current, out and around a floating dock and then back to shore?

Good luck with the course.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Greg trains those who need it regularly as well. Plus team work, communication, planning, performance under stress, these are all skills that should be learned and useful in everyday life. Think of it as motivational class, or public speaking class except with firearms. Airsoft fanatics do this kind of stuff all the time anyway.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like a great class. If I had the $$ at the moment, I'd do it.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

The class is coming together well, great facility, OPFOR, etc. here are bios of a few of the people that will be involved in teaching, we also look forward to a few more very experienced veterans as guest instructors and company support.

Greg Hamilton has served as an US Army Ranger and currently serves as a Special Forces soldier. Among other qualifications Greg is a Master Parachutist, Freefall Jumpmaster, Scout Swimmer Instructor, Special Forces Mountain Leader, and a Terminal Attack Controller. Greg has served with the Army’s most elite Reconnaissance unit to exist post-Vietnam, the 75th Ranger Regiments, Regimental Reconnaissance Detachment. Greg has served operationally in Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Iraq.

J.W. is a former Army Ranger, having served over 4 years with 2nd Ranger Battalion during GWOT. He has served over 17 months in Iraq and Afghanistan conducting combat operations, starting as a fireteam member (M203 gunner and M249 gunner), and serving three tours as a team leader (both as a M240 and Carl Gustav AT team leader). JW earned the SGM Robert Spencer Leadership Award from Ranger School, is a Combat Lifesaver and a Combat Tracker. JW is an experienced instructor and leader and is currently in his last year of ROTC and will be returning to the military.

B.C. started his military career as a Force Recon Marine. As a Force Reconnaissance Team member he attended U.S.M.C. Amphibious Reconnaissance School, U.S. Army Parachutists School, U.S. Navy Dive School, U.S. Army Ranger School, and earned his Marine Corps Gold Wings. BC recently served a tour in Afghanistan as an 18B, Special Forces Weapons Sergeant, conducting and leading reconnaissance and combat patrols on the Afghan/Pakistan border in support of GWOT. The USMC Force Reconnaissance Company’s are the U.S. military’s only unbroken chain of recon knowledge and people from Vietnam to the present day.

J.R. stared his military career as an Infantryman in the 101st Airborne in 1968, attended Airborne School, and was the honor graduate of the original RECONDO School started be Gen Westmoreland at Ft Campbell, he then served with the 101 in Phu Bai Vietnam, after his service in Vietnam, he attended ROTC and graduated Ranger School while earning his commission, JR returned to service in Asia where he served for over six months until injured and evacuated back to the States. He resumed Jump status with the 172nd In Alaska, and then he was assigned to the newly formed 2nd Ranger Battalion at Ft Lewis in 1976 and served until 1977 were injuries forced him to leave, He was then the Training Officer for 1st Brigade, 9th Infantry Divisions RECONDO School until it closure in 1977. JR medically retired shortly thereafter. His awards include Awards include EIB, CIB, ABN, Ranger Tab, BS, DSM, LoM, 7 surgeries, and 23 casts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Greg, you have the full support of M4C.

I hope your class goes well. I only wish I could attend.

Please contact any M4C Mod/Staff if you need any assistance.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    Greg, you have the full support of M4C.

I hope your class goes well. I only wish I could attend.

Please contact any M4C Mod/Staff if you need any assistance.
    Thank you for that vote of confidence, much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Greg is not only well rounded with experience he is also a phenomenal teacher... anyone would be benefit taking a class from him.
    Sounds like an interesting course!

Greg,
    Be safe brother.
    TRAVIS HALEY
    Founder | CEO
    Haley Strategic Partners, LLC.
    http://haleystrategic.com/

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I can honestly say that if I wasn't in the kitty box I would probably attend this training. What part of Washington does the training take place?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast