Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiking In Panama II

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Hiking In Panama II

From prior trips to Panama and hiking around the jungles in* Panama in the Ell Valle area, I went back to hike up La India Dormida. It's not the highest mountain to be sure, but it's challenging hike that takes a few hours. I'll say this, there's various spots on the trail with shear drops of a few hundred feet or more just a few feat away from the trail that if you make a mistake, you're gone. There will be no highly trained rescue EMT or med flights coming. Your skeleton will be found some day... In the US, there would be danger signs, fences, etc, but not here. Here's some pics with link to more HERE.

* = https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...gle-is-TIRING-!
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-14-15 at 09:32.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Those are some awesome views nice pics!
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBtech View Post
    Those are some awesome views nice pics!

Thanx. Forgot to add a link to the rest, so added above if interested in seeing more.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Thanx. Forgot to add a link to the rest, so added above if interested in seeing more.
    Very nice, looks like some very interesting plant life great pics Will.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Very nice, looks like some very interesting plant life great pics Will.
    Birds, plants, etc. Panama has some very pretty natural wonders to see. The "real" jungle however is The Darién Gap. That and another area are where our SOF guys did their jungle training, and it's no shit triple canopy jungle people go into, and are never seen again. Per usual, some think it's no big deal to go in there because they are "adventurer" types.

National Geographic Adventure contributing editor Robert Young Pelton, was kidnapped and held for 10 days in the Darién Gap wrote:

"The Darién Gap is one of the last - not only unexplored - but one of the last places people really hesitate to venture to... The basic problem of the Darién Gap is that it's one of the toughest hikes there is. It's an absolute pristine jungle but it's got some nasty sections with thorns, wasps, snakes, thieves, criminals, you name it. Everything that's bad for you is in there."

In short, you need to be living under the shadow of a death wish to attempt to cross between the two countries by land. Anyway, there’s not even an official border crossing to present your passport at if you do make it across alive.
    "

He forgot to mention the bird eating spiders, big cats, and other critters. The only way I would go in there is with a group of armed men who knew how to survive in the jungle. Otherwise, no thanx.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-14-15 at 10:27.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can't help but think Guns N Roses "You know where you are? You're in the jungle baby! You're gonna die!"

Yea I'll pass on the Darien Gap too. Sounds no bueno unless you are with some elite men.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Can't help but think Guns N Roses "You know where you are? You're in the jungle baby! You're gonna die!"

Yea I'll pass on the Darien Gap too. Sounds no bueno unless you are with some elite men.
    Indeed. I like adventure, but don't risk fate by pretending I'm some survival expert either.

- Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lol, I had to watch it haha! Damn I'm getting old.

Bird eating spiders, that just aint even right!

Big cats...well, you are probably being hunted.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lol, I had to watch it haha! Damn I'm getting old.

Bird eating spiders, that just aint even right!

Big cats...well, you are probably being hunted.
    The big cats don't bother people and are rarely seen is my understanding. I'm not generally scared of most animals (two leg varmints are what I tend to worry about) but I never want to see a spider big enough to catch and eat birds.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The big cats don't bother people and are rarely seen is my understanding. I'm not generally scared of most animals (two leg varmints are what I tend to worry about) but I never want to see a spider big enough to catch and eat birds.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=klHDzIIrsjY

Wow! Yea don't try this man!
    Last edited by MBtech; 03-14-15 at 12:24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast