Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiking In Panama II

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBtech View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=klHDzIIrsjY

Wow! Yea don't try this man!
    Well, you can see they are far from aggressive toward people but the commenter below that vid summed it up best for me:

"Nope. Nope, nope, nope. Nope, nope."
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Since you have been looking for a place to hog hunt in Florida, what kind of hunting is in Panama? Just curious, sorry if I'm thread drifting.
    Last edited by MBtech; 03-14-15 at 17:28.
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBtech View Post
    Since you have been looking for a place to hog hunt in Florida, what kind of hunting is in Panama? Just curious, sorry if I'm thread drifting.
    Not sure, never looked into that one. I don't think there's much of a hunting culture here. Fruit and cerveza is what they "hunt" for as far as I can tell.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    The jungle gets thicker the closer you get to the Canal and from there on towards Colombia on both sides (Atlantic and Pacific). Generally speaking the western half of Panama is not as thick as the eastern half.

When my wife and I went back in 2013 she was looking out the window as we rode to our resort up near Rio Hato. She remarked "Maybe we can take a jungle tour or something". I replied "I already did my jungle tour, no thanks" (being the big dickhead party-pooper that I am!).

I detest snakes with a passion, so needless to say Panama was a helluva duty station for a young grunt! Sure, there are MANY other nasty critters in the jungla but the snakes creeped me out the most.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    The jungle gets thicker the closer you get to the Canal and from there on towards Colombia on both sides (Atlantic and Pacific). Generally speaking the western half of Panama is not as thick as the eastern half.

When my wife and I went back in 2013 she was looking out the window as we rode to our resort up near Rio Hato. She remarked "Maybe we can take a jungle tour or something". I replied "I already did my jungle tour, no thanks" (being the big dickhead party-pooper that I am!).

I detest snakes with a passion, so needless to say Panama was a helluva duty station for a young grunt! Sure, there are MANY other nasty critters in the jungla but the snakes creeped me out the most.
    I'm opposite, I've had snakes for pets since I was a kid. Racers, Rat snakes, Redtail boa, and a Ball Python which I had for almost 18 years before he died. But screw the giant spiders.

Feedback Score
    when I lived in Honduras the little kids would take bubble gum chew it up stick it on the end of thread and then drop it down into spider holes
    spiders would bit it get stuck the kids would pull it out take the spider off and play with them !!!!

OK NOT FOR ME

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That looks awesome, my only experience with anything like that was in Hawaii. Oneula was probably the best representation of what you described with the 300 foot drops on both sides, north side of kolekole pass was like that too. Its too bad Panama was closed the year I joined the Army.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    That looks awesome, my only experience with anything like that was in Hawaii. Oneula was probably the best representation of what you described with the 300 foot drops on both sides, north side of kolekole pass was like that too. Its too bad Panama was closed the year I joined the Army.

Well it aint close now! Quite a few ex and current mil here. I have not been to Hawaii but volcanic areas tend to have that in common.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    when I lived in Honduras the little kids would take bubble gum chew it up stick it on the end of thread and then drop it down into spider holes
    spiders would bit it get stuck the kids would pull it out take the spider off and play with them !!!!

OK NOT FOR ME
    Wtf! That's crazy! Supposed to be "kids don't try this at home" Did they watch way too much Crocodile hunter (Steve Irwin)?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Instead of a new thread, here's some amazing pics from the Chitre-Las Tablas-Pedasi-Playa Venaso area I just returned from:

http://s23.photobucket.com/user/will...?sort=3&page=1

Those views are going to be what some people wake up to every day. My buddy is developing 25 lots in those "hills" and construction already under way. Approx 3 hour drive from the city.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12