Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Retro Added

Feedback Score
    Not bad. Your collection would have my son drooling. He likes the retros more than me. He builds weird guns that are a cross between retro and new (i think he's trying to find the "ultimate AR"). My focus is more on my custom sporting Mausers; and my F/A AR-10 original. But hey we all like different things otherwise I wouldn't have a job.
    Last edited by ClassIIIGunsmith; 03-19-15 at 17:37.
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassIIIGunsmith View Post
    Not bad. Your collection would have my son drooling. He likes the retros more than me. He builds weird guns that are a cross between retro and new (i think he's trying to find the "ultimate AR"). My focus is more on my custom sporting Mausers; and my F/A AR-10 original. But hey we all like different things otherwise I wouldn't have a job.
    An original AR-10 would be a fantastic early model to own. Congrats on owning one.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    An original AR-10 would be a fantastic early model to own. Congrats on owning one.
    That is one of the most expensive guns I own. Its the most controlable F/A's you could possibly shoot. It took me 8 months to find one that was for sale then that required 6 month wait. And that was 1980 so it was pre-inflated prices too. I should had bought a M14 and G3 when I had the chance before their prices didn't sky rocket after '86.
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassIIIGunsmith View Post
    That is one of the most expensive guns I own. Its the most controlable F/A's you could possibly shoot. It took me 8 months to find one that was for sale then that required 6 month wait. And that was 1980 so it was pre-inflated prices too. I should had bought a M14 and G3 when I had the chance before their prices didn't sky rocket after '86.
    Those were the days when things were a lot more affordable than they are now. They were still expensive for the time, but just a small fraction of what they cost now.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I used to have one of those, back in the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12