Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 500 million worth goes missing says Pentagon

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

500 million worth goes missing says Pentagon

So much fail.

U.S. firearms supplied to the Interior Ministry in Yemen, which has received $500 million in aid from the United States since 2007 under an array of Defense Department and State Department programs. (Government Accountability Office)

The Pentagon is unable to account for more than $500 million in U.S. military aid given to Yemen, amid fears that the weaponry, aircraft and equipment is at risk of being seized by Iranian-backed rebels or al-Qaeda, according to U.S. officials.

With Yemen in turmoil and its government splintering, the Defense Department has lost its ability to monitor the whereabouts of small arms, ammunition, night-vision goggles, patrol boats, vehicles and other supplies donated by the United States. The situation has grown worse since the United States closed its embassy in Sanaa, the capital, last month and withdrew many of its military advisers.

In recent weeks, members of Congress have held closed-door meetings with U.S. military officials to press for an accounting of the arms and equipment. Pentagon officials have said that they have little information to go on and that there is little they can do at this point to prevent the weapons and gear from falling into the wrong hands.

Cont:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...8ff_story.html
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is part of why giving aid to anyone in the middle east is a bad idea.

On the other hand, it's no more than Obama gave to Solyndra, so I'm sure it's no big deal... right? (joking, not trolling)
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They can consider this batch already gone. What's $500 million compared to equipment lost by Iraqi military?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Only $500 million? I would have expected it to be more than that in all honesty.

Serious, if that is all that they can't account for I think they need to go a few pages deeper.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sure hope they didn't get any of that incredibly powerful M855 stuff. If they did, we're screwed.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    If there was any ammo in that contract, check with the DHS...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    same like Libya
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    What difference does it make?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Chump change. There is more where that came from.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Nothing to see here... just Obummer arming his Boys so they can slaughter more Christians and Jews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast