Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily rifle carry in public

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B101ABN View Post
    Only if I was assigned a foot beat. The citizens would s**t themselves, though.
    If we were all carrying rifles, it would be you that would be shitting yourself homie.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Well if nothing else crime rates would tick downward.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I wouldn't, I'd still CCW a pistol because carrying a rifle everywhere is a pain in the ass, even now you'd be extremely unlikely (as in most people would never use it in their entire life) to use it and in your scenario, you'd be even less likely to need it since there will be many good citizens carrying rifles to deter crime.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Negates my gray man modus operandi.
    This is my thought. I know many of us carry when ever and where ever legal. I also do it for a living. It is work, you need to be vigilant. I would much rather the bad guy have no idea I have a weapon until it is too late for them. I do have a sneaky bag with an SBR in it and a Head tennis racket bag with another in it. Problem is I don't much look like a tennis player
    Last edited by usmcvet; 03-21-15 at 07:47.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    If possible, and while in some locations it is, how many of you would want to carry your rifle with you at all time throughout your day? To work, Wal-Mart, anywhere else you might travel. Slung over your shoulder. Not concealed. Never to be left unattended in a car or such. With you at all times.
    Hypothetically if it were socially acceptable how many of you would do this?
    No interest. WAY too much hassle and I simply don't live in or want to be anywhere close to areas where the threat level is high enough that it would be useful. It also marks you as the first target for any bad guys if not everyone is carrying a rifle. I'd rather spend an hour practicing handgun every single day than have to carry a rifle 12+ hours of every day.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I absolutely WOULD NOT do this unless we were in a total collapse of some sort.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Backpack SBR. Problem solved

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would rather conceal or open carry a pistol and be able to get to my SBR in the truck.
    I hated it in the military, I made every effort to do it well and in my experience it isn't always easy. Those around you who are less vigilant also make it harder for everyone else.
    I could do it if the situation ever called for it again, but it isn't something I would enjoy doing again.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I would rather conceal or open carry a pistol and be able to get to my SBR in the truck.
    Exactly this.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    No thank you. The majority of new gun owners these days make me extremely nervous.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast