Thread: LAPD & Pelican 7060?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

LAPD & Pelican 7060?

Anyone know what the general consensus is from LAPD members regarding the new Pelican 7060 led light?

http://www.pelican.com/lights_detail.php?recordID=7060

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It's better than I thought it would be. Good throw, decent spill. The dual-switching is nice. We had some QC issues with the batch my Div got, but it was remedied.

Not a bad choice for a reasonably priced, COTS, rechargeable LED light.

I still miss my 10x though...

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    My unit eval'ed that and the new streamlight Stinger LEd with strobing feature and dual (side of head and tailcap) switching. We liked the Streamlight better. We all have 2 SL20s mounted in the Tahoes too along with pistols mounted with SFs and the older stinger on a belt. We are getting the newer Stinger as an upgrade. It also has a three brightness mode feature for longer battery life. Lots of long searches working dogs....

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Yeah, the Stinger looks nice. Technology is moving so fast with LED's that almost every light is pretty cool in some way. Although it seems Streamlight had to stick with old, quick draining, NiCd battery technology for backwards compatibility. I see no reason not to go with Lithium Ion for new LED flashlights.

Let me elaborate, the 7060 is a pretty good choice for a "plastic" flashlight if you have a Federal Consent Decree and helicopter news crews breathing down your back. I'll probably replace it with one of the new SF uber-lights when they come out since that should fall into acceptable size/weight/materiel limitations and provide adjustable output for longer runtime.

Most any decent light works fine when you actually need it for something, but my duty SL20X I used to love so much sure looks sad next to lights 1/10 the size nowadays...

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I prefer the 7060 over the Stinger LED.

First choice would be a SF 8NX Commander w/ X80L lamp. (I know, here's hoping...)
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I had the 7060 for a while and I only had one complaint. The nylon holster they give you is pretty flimsy but the main problem was the tailcap switch. Every time I sat in my car or put it in my bag the damn thing would turn on. That switch was a little to sensitive IMO.