Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Man arrested by Border Patrol...lawful arrest?

Feedback Score

Man arrested by Border Patrol...lawful arrest?

The video depicts a man with family pulling up to BP checkpoint. The man ends up arrested. Lawful arrest?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I guess that depends on whether the dog legitimately alerted its handler and, to a lesser extent, if anything was found in the vehicle.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I guess that depends on whether the dog legitimately alerted its handler and, to a lesser extent, if anything was found in the vehicle.
    In 2010, a team of researchers at the University of California, Davis set out to test the reliability of drug- and bomb-sniffing dogs.

The team assembled 18 police dogs and their handlers and gave them a routine task: go through a room and sniff out the drugs and explosives.

But there was a twist. The room was clean. No drugs, no explosives.

In order to pass the test, the handlers and their dogs had to go through the room and detect nothing.

But of 144 runs, that happened only 21 times, for a failure rate of 85 percent.

Although drug-sniffing dogs are supposed to find drugs on their own, the researchers concluded that they were influenced by their handlers, and that's what led to such a high failure rate.
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/cr...ty-police-dogs

Feedback Score
    Gonna go out on a limb here, but......

1) A Border Patrol checkpoint waaayyy inside the border (sorry, 50+ miles ain't cutting it)

2) You're looking for illegal aliens (hey, that's a blast from the un-politically correct past), and contraband brought over the border

3) Even if the U.S. citizens had drugs on them can you prove they were involved in any freakin' way with the border?

Bottom line? Start using resources to f*****g arrest ILLEGALS and DEPORT them and stop with the federale attitude.

(Yeah, the dude in the video is a douche but see above)
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Where was the checkpoint? Where was the driver coming from when he was stopped?

What was found in the vehicle? What were the charges?
    Last edited by T2C; 03-20-15 at 22:13.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    If this is an inland "border" checkpoint I have been through similar ones many times in south Texas. I don't agree with them at all and they piss me off. I shouldn't have to stop and answer questions or show anything an hour + north of the border. If you want to check citizenship do that shit on the border.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another article I read said a small amount of Marijuana was found in the car.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Another article I read said a small amount of Marijuana was found in the car.
    Resources well spent then........ We should have more inland border check points, it's the only way to be sure.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    If this is an inland "border" checkpoint I have been through similar ones many times in south Texas. I don't agree with them at all and they piss me off. I shouldn't have to stop and answer questions or show anything an hour + north of the border. If you want to check citizenship do that shit on the border.
    I don't understand what CBP is doing inland. Isn't it up to ICE to take care of investigations further away from border areas?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I don't understand what CBP is doing inland. Isn't it up to ICE to take care of investigations further away from border areas?
    The supreme court ruled that the checkpoints are legitimate. This is absolutely a lawful detention and if drugs were found, arrest. The only reason he was pulled out of the car, was his refusal to answer simple questions.

The CBP did absolutely nothing wrong there. In fact, when the guy rolled up the window on the CBP agent's arm I thought he showed pretty good restraint from not escalating the issue further as that is a HUGE officer safety issue, and a precursor to how many officers get dragged by cars.

In every video like this, there is always one common denominator, an individual refusing to comply with simple, lawful orders.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast