Thread: We do not need an update if your ad is sold, traded, or spf!

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

We do not need an update if your ad is sold, traded, or spf!

One of my few peeves on this site is how many are updating and bumping their EE threads when they are sold, traded, or spf. There is no reason to do this!!!!! If your item is sold or whatever just edit your original post, there no need to bump it to the top! Like let's break out the ban hammer!
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for bringing this up again. I've brought that up in the past,
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=2037451
    ,and was told we need to hit the report button. That gets pretty old after awhile and it didn't seem to make a difference. I think if the mods started removing EE privileges for a month, I bet the point would slowly get across.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    This is a pet peeve, but I'd like a shameless plug that the M4C EE is without a doubt the best forum related EE I've ever used. I think the lack of ability for anyone but the OP to post in threads keeps it civil.

If they can fix the bumping sold items issue, and the exorbitantly high, aged items issue it would be mint.

Seriously. It's economics. If you have had an ad up since 10/2013, you are ASKING TOO MUCH, or you don't really want to sell it. Please stop the weekly bumps!
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rules for the EE are clearly spelled out in that area of the board. When violations occur, please hit the "report post" button and mods/staff are sent a notification. In addition to the normal infraction system, loss of EE privileges is also a tool that can be used, just as it has been used for GD.

Personnel actions are confidential, and may not always be obvious. Trust that such reports receive the appropriate attention. If there is a staff member problem, report mod issues to staff, staff to senior staff, etc. Thanks.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What is the likelihood of implementing a yearly "purge" of the ads in the EE? If all members are aware of the purge, f they have an unsold item , they can repost? The number of pages in each section make it challenging to easily find things.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I just wish sellers wouldn't edit out the price at which their items sell, but most complaints made about the EE are already covered by rules.

The EE here really is well ran, and I believe that there is a great deal of integrity to it. I guess that is why we hang up on minor issues so easily.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    My only gripe is marking the item sold in the thread instead of editing the item sold.
    I will add directions for the people who don't know.....
    1.) Click edit in your first post.
    2.) Click GO ADVANCED
    3.) Edit post to SOLD

I get so mad when I find what I'm looking for, look at the pictures, read the description and then see SOLD at the bottom of the post!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    My only gripe is marking the item sold in the thread instead of editing the item sold.
    I will add directions for the people who don't know.....
    1.) Click edit in your first post.
    2.) Click GO ADVANCED
    3.) Edit post to SOLD

I get so mad when I find what I'm looking for, look at the pictures, read the description and then see SOLD at the bottom of the post!
    This ^^^^
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants