Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New BCM Light Mount

Feedback Score

New BCM Light Mount

As soon as I got the email for the BCM keymod light mount I ordered it. It replaced my hsp picatinny mount and I couldn't be happier with it. Installation is really easy and it locks up tight. Build quality is on par with the rest of BCM's products. I'm glad I held off on the IWC thorn tail mount and got this one. If anyone is in the market I highly suggest it.

Last edited by 702Warfighter; 03-22-15 at 00:11.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Saw this the other day. Is there anything that differentiates this from the HSP Thorntail KeyMod, as far as functionality is concerned?

Feedback Score
    I never owned the keymod version of the thorn tail so I couldn't tell you. There are differences from the picatinny version of the thorn tail and the bcm mount. The 1913 section can be moved around just like the thorn tail expcept that the bcm has a high and low option on the 1913 section.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I mounted my BCM 1913 keymod like you, added my Inforce WML but had to remove my Troy folding front sight. Not enough room.
    I shifted light, mount and sight but ended up using a Streamlight TL-2x 200 lumens mounted in a GGG mount. The Inforce went on the Magpul Middy Handguard on my other AR. It was late, I was tired so when rested and clear head I will do some trial and error again. May leave it like it is or order the 1" BCM keymod mount and a Surefire G2x Tactical. I'll get pics up later.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post

I mounted my BCM 1913 keymod like you, added my Inforce WML but had to remove my Troy folding front sight. Not enough room.
    I shifted light, mount and sight but ended up using a Streamlight TL-2x 200 lumens mounted in a GGG mount. The Inforce went on the Magpul Middy Handguard on my other AR. It was late, I was tired so when rested and clear head I will do some trial and error again. May leave it like it is or order the 1" BCM keymod mount and a Surefire G2x Tactical. I'll get pics up later.
    I ran into the same issue when I had the mount all the way at the end of the rail. Moved it back one space and moved the 1913 section right in the middle so there is one adjustment hole on each side of it and my wmlx went on perfectly just how I had it before I switched mounts. It is however a very right fit next to the mbus pro. Not tight enough where it's hard to mount but enough to where visually they look like they touch.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    I also held off on the IWC KM thorntail mount. Was going to wait for Cameron for his video review but maybe I should just go right ahead and get it.

ESK did it again.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I almost pulled the trigger when I got the email as Ive been looking for away to mount a light on my carbine. Thinking about the 1" ring version though as I don't have a pic based light to use. I hesitated cause all the pictures show no front sight. I currently have plane jane MBUS's on the carbine and with a 13" rail the light needs to be pretty forward crowding the front sight. Was wondering if the 2 would interact OK.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I will have to add this to my research list. I'm investigating the best way for me to mount a light on my DD keymod rail.

And I haven't picked a light yet, either.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Mister 702! I followed your suggestions and worked like a champ. I flip my sight up to tighten the adjustment screw, then pop the sight back down. I also installed the shorty front grip. Didn't know if the KAG would do what I wanted, but knew a shorty would.
    As soon as the photos upload I will post some. Thanks again.

I actually just turned the 1913 rail piece around where it more overhang towards the ground.
    The screw holes are not centered, more to one side, just turned it around. Works fine now.

I hope the forward grip is not bothered by being directly under the gas block. It's where it is a comfortable reach.
    Last edited by RWH24; 03-22-15 at 23:46. Reason: Add Photos
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast