Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about Giessele triggers

Feedback Score

Question about Giessele triggers

Which one of their triggers would be best for a combat style AR? They have so many to choose from. I'm not looking for a competition trigger, just something that would would work well in a self-defense rifle. Thanks
    When your mad as hell and you just can't take anymore, grab your weapon and run yelling into the street. If you are the only one in the street, with a weapon, yelling.....go back inside. It's not time yet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Generally people will recommend the SSA or SD-C if you prefer a flat blade trigger. Both are 2-stage triggers.

Edit - I went with the SD-C. Liking it a lot so far but unsure if I would have liked the traditional curved trigger more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slatewiper View Post
    Which one of their triggers would be best for a combat style AR? They have so many to choose from. I'm not looking for a competition trigger, just something that would would work well in a self-defense rifle. Thanks
    1. Email Geissele. They know their own triggers better than anybody else.

2. They have a "trigger selector guide" on their website that will help narrow it down.

3. SSA or SSA-E are probably the two best bets for a "combat" style AR. But there are others as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    ALG ACT. Not marketed by Geissele but from the family. Best $65 you can spend for a work trigger. SD-C isn't that much better for the additional cost.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slatewiper View Post
    I would seriously consider the ALG QMS for basic self-defense rifle use. Lube it with grease and spend the savings ($150 or so worth) on ammo or an optic.

If you have to have a two stage Geissele, the SSA and SDC are the only ones I'd consider for self defense use, anything else is IMHO too light for times of stress. I have used various Geissele triggers in competition* for the last five years and have only good things to say about their quality and reliability. I wouldn't hesitate to choose one for competition, especially more precision-oriented competition. But for practicing the basics (not precision) and having on hand for self defense, I don't think it's the best use of funds.

(I have used, at various times, the SSA, SSA-E, SDC, SD-E, SD3, S2S, G2S, and ALG ACT. Yeah, I've been a bit of a trigger whore.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    ALG ACT. Not marketed by Geissele but from the family. Best $65 you can spend for a work trigger. SD-C isn't that much better for the additional cost.
    An ACT is not a two-stage like the SD-C is.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have the SSA, 2 SD-C's and the ALG in my weapons. Personally I don't see much difference in the SSA and the ALG. The SSA is just a bit smoother but not enough so to warrant the extra costs. Purely subjective but I like the feel of the flat face of the SD-C trigger. Is it really worth the extra coin? All it is is a SSA with a flat trigger face. Because of the feel only I will say it is worth it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you can find one, get the G2S trigger. Same exact feel as a SSA but for $60 less.

The SSA (and g2s) should be lighter, smoother, and be two stage, when compared to the alg.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 03-23-15 at 16:38.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don't see how anyone can say the ALG ACT is as good as the SD-C they are night and day and not even comparable. And yes I have both.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast