Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lubrication and the 1911

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 19852 View Post
    Dang, mold?
    I cleaned my Super yesterday. At least Froglube is easy to clean up. Most of the gum wiped off and I went back to my nasty, noxious cleaning chemicals.. In the garage. Reassembled with some of my old Enos Slide Glide on the rails and my old supply of Mobile 1. I also used some G96 in some tight places. It may be a while until I go as far as 1000 rounds again since I got my S&W 686 back from my gunsmith.
    Yeah, supposedly they've changed their formulation to fix the mold issue. I wish I'd taken pics of it.

EDIT: Here's someone that had the same issue with a pistol:
    http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=413342
    "Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are committing violence on their behalf."

Feedback Score
    Cleaning my AR today! No mold for me...

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How many here remember the STP engine oil treatment TV commercials, where they stuck the tip of a flat blade screw driver into the STP additive and then flipped the screw driver over vertical, trying
    to hold onto said screw driver with their finger tips? LOL NO one could ever hold the screw driver.....

Yep - Andy Granatelli!!!!! Oops - now I'm giving away my age:) - john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    How many here remember the STP engine oil treatment TV commercials, where they stuck the tip of a flat blade screw driver into the STP additive and then flipped the screw driver over vertical, trying
    to hold onto said screw driver with their finger tips? LOL NO one could ever hold the screw driver.....

Yep - Andy Granatelli!!!!! Oops - now I'm giving away my age - john
    Yeah, that's way before my time.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Feedback Score
    Meh. Keep it wet with whatever you want.

If it's a tight match gun, especially in 9mm, use oil.

If it's a service grade gun, white grease or similar. Wilson's Ultama works great. I have a bunch, and that's what I use.
    www.blackfireeng.com
    Bill's Random Thoughts Blog
    Shoots for fun, does not engage in internet slap fights.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Anything will work, I like stuff that doesn't stink.

I'm away from home and I just had to (very lightly) lube the P2000 I'm carrying with Chevron ATF. It stinks. I need a bottle of Slip in my carry bag....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blriehl View Post
    Meh. Keep it wet with whatever you want.

If it's a tight match gun, especially in 9mm, use oil.

If it's a service grade gun, white grease or similar. Wilson's Ultama works great. I have a bunch, and that's what I use.
    This would be sound advice. For oil, I use Mobil 1 synthetic in whatever weight I used when I changed the oil in my zero turn mower.
    Train 2 Win

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234