Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lubrication and the 1911

Feedback Score
    I have NEVER used a "Gun brand oil/lubicant"...

FWIW: & FYI:
    What I've used for the last 8+yrs is ZMAX, the reason why is because it is "Supposed to Soak into the metal" Interesting thing is, (well to me anyhow is)
    I've Never had an gun oil issue and my Slides, My Slides operate so smooth, I have to LOL sometimes because they feel like they are on Roller Bearings!!!!

Now, shooting as long as I can without cleaning and lube.... The thought has never entered my mind... I do however Love seeing how these thing go for other folks, it's just as much as I shoot, some of you guys BLAST away in a month what I'll shoot in a year. (^_-)

ZMAX is he ONLY lube I've used on any and ALL my Handguns, Rifles & Shotguns and I have never seen any of them getting gummy!

So hey, 19852.... Think about it ej,... Maybe give your gun(s) a try with some ZMAX, just clean it real good first of the other lubes..? I would love to hear how it works for someone who Shoots ALOT!

Peace Jeff

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Froglube is pure trash, never been around Fireclean.

I've been using Slip 2000 EWL and EWL 30 for a few years (on all handguns and ARs) and it has been fine in everything from mid 20's to about 110. I never have to clean it off and it does not gel or gum up even when stored in a non climate controlled storage container.

If I didn't have access to Slip, Automatic transmission fluid and Lubriplate #105 engine assembly lube would be my second choice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Been running Slip 2K on my TRP, as well as everything else, for quite some time now with no issues either shooting or storing with it. Have not used Fireclean and only have experience with Frog lube through a friend who has not had any issue with it in his AR. Personally don't see need to switch from Slip though, it has worked, relatively cheap and I have enough to last me probably six years or more at the moment.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I used to use Slip and it worked well but dried out faster than I liked. I've been using Fireclean for at least a year with great results, to include on my 1911. All of my guns had a high round count firing session, had lubed poured on them, and then sat from May to November. They were still well-lubed without gumming or rust or anything else bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    This thread is interesting as I've noticed my WC CQB-E feeling gummy on FireClean. The gun runs flawlessly, but I've wondered why the resistance compared to everything else I use FireClean on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CQB-E here in 9mm. At the range this Saturday it started feeling slugglish after 50 rounds and not feeding properly. I could feel it also while manually racking the slide. Disassembled it and lubed (again) with Lucas extreme duty gun oil. Worked fine for the rest of the day. Gave it a thorough cleaning when I got home.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm using Fireclean on my AR's but still use FP10 or Slip 2000 and EWL on 1911's and other handguns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use Slip 2000 EWL in my guns, works great.

I think I will buy another bottle just in case they change the formula.

Feedback Score
    On the advice of Steve Morrison at Mars Armament, I just started using 30 weight moble one.
    Prior to that I was using Break free on small parts and grease on the rails.

Trigger and trigger track dry. Just a tiny bit on the back of the trigger where it contacts.
    No lube on firing pin and tunnel.
    Last edited by Serlo II; 03-30-15 at 18:27.

Feedback Score
    I read the instructions and have never had a problem with frog lube, I love the stuff

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've used FireCLEAN, Slip2000, Breakfree CLP and M-Pro7 on my guns. I like FC the best, but found it to be pretty "runny," especially on my 1911. I am currently giving the Lucas Extreme a Duty Gun Oil a try. I really like this stuff so far! Stays where you put it and a little goes a long way. It all doesn't run all over the gun after it's been shot a bunch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast