Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On the Beretta M9...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't know how that problem could be anything but subjective. If you have small hands then maybe? I don't think they're any bigger than sigs or glocks?
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    I find them to be very comfy, accurate, and reliable. The safety and lack of front dovetail is annoying but If I had to pick a da/sa I'd pick it over anything. Not a fan of da/sa but I certainly wouldn't feel at a disadvantage with one. It's scary how accurate they can be.

Feedback Score
    For me, I have to remember not to "power stroke" the 92FS/M9s when changing mags and charging the gun. Doing so means you could easily hit the safety and have a pistol that is de-cocked and on safety. In a heated moment...that might be very unsettling.

Besides that, the M9 is a very low recoiling pistol that is pretty reliable. Swap the hammer spring for the "D" spring and the thing becomes damn nice if you ask me.

With the right clothes choices and holster...yeah...I could hide the M9 if I chose to carry one. Yeah it is a tad big and heavy but the low recoil and long sight radius are plusses for dealing with its weight and thickness.

So overall...I think it is a mixed bag. Not optimal but very far from terrible. Makes a great open carry ranch pistol or range gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wear a medium mechanix glove. I think the M9 is a hair big for what I was asking of the one I had. I can dress around a G19 but really couldn't the 92. Not without changing my entire wardrobe(Maybe I could have if I experimented with holsters more). The controls were a bit hard to get to as well but nothing insane or out of the norm for my hands... All that said, man it was a smooth gun. Slide felt like it was on ball bearings, soft shooting, accurate. I will own one again but I won't buy until I can get either some wilson love or a steel elite model. It is down there on the list though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I keep looking at Grant's site.... A 92FS for $499 is a pretty darn good deal, I've been talking myself in and out of one for the past couple of days. I had a commercial version of a M9 a few years back, and sold it for some needed cash. I had installed a "D" spring in it, and I remember the DA pull was pretty good, very useable, I regret selling it, I'm torn between buying a 92FS from Grant, or maybe seeing if he could get a 92A1.. I can't make up my mind.. The fact that mags are dirt cheap (15-17rnd Beretta factory mags from Midway, $19.99 each) isn't helping either... And, as I recall a "D" spring isn't very expensive.... Hmmm, what to do..
    Last edited by ralph; 04-06-15 at 15:56.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Without a doubt the Beretta 92 is one of the best, no-nonsense, bet-your-ass right out of the box combat handguns you can buy. For this money and more you can pick up more popular options that are a much bigger crap shoot.

The 92 is a large combat autoloader. It is in the category with USPs, G17s, 1911s, etc. This isn't meant to go in a fanny pack.

I love em'
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Dimensionally the grip is very close to a Glock 19. The rounded sides and long DA pull make it seem bigger than it is.

The frame is aluminum and the slide is only about 2/3 of a slide so they're really not that heavy.

Whoever said an M9 is pretty reliable is wrong. They're probably the most reliable handgun on the planet and they just don't have problems like a lot of guns these days.

Feedback Score
    Too bad Grant does not have the M9 for 499 bucks. I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a donut! LOL I just prefer the M9 over the 92FS.

I sold my 96F years ago and miss having a pistol from that platform.

People often complain about the fixed front sight but even with the fixed 3 dots or the factory Trijicons on my old 96F...I sure could hit my targets with that set up.

Overall the M9/92FS is a pretty good pistol. A tad outdated today but our military could have don much worse than the M9 if you ask me.

Feedback Score
    One thing that Beretta has going for it (IMHO) is that their QC has remained pretty consistent over the years.

Feedback Score
    The two I have owned ran 100% right out of the box.

I also noticed zero difference in quality or reliability between the US and Italian made guns. Both shot equally well.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast