Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESSTECH Bush Boar chest rig opinions wanted

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Question Ruler/Tape Measure?

I have no expeirence either but I was wondering if some one could take out a ruler and give physical dimensions of the webbed section...? Thanks fella's
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood for something, sometime in your life.----Sir Winston Churchill

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    The 8 mag setup will interfere with a pack, especially if you add pouches to the back part. If you plan to use a pack I would go with the Bush BOAR (the 6 mag version) I have an A1 Bush BOAR and I just add a few single mag pouches and it works great. As for the dimensions I am not sure. It has 16 slots of PALS so you can go off of that.
    Last edited by docsherm; 05-02-11 at 21:36.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I just ordered two Trim Bush rigs directly from Esstac yesterday and let me tell you, the customer service was impeccable.

First, let me say I have been researching which chest rig I wanted to move into as a training rig/call-out rig for swat.

Criteria was as follow:

-1000d Cordura for durability, strength and lasting wear resistance
    -4 M4 Mags
    -2 pistol mags
    -comfortable with ability for hydration carrier
    -slim profile with little to no movement

I called Esstac and spoke with John and Stu (owner). They worked with me immediately and even had the time to BS on the phone. Then Stu called me back later that day just to go over the final design and details with me to be sure he got everything right.

They are making a custom Trim Bush with the standard 4 M4 mags on front, shoulder harness and hydration carrier. The custom part is this; where the 4 extra inches are on the lateral sides, they can add two pistol mags per side. As a right handed shooter I wanted 2 pistol mags on my left flank. Esstac is incorporating 2 pistol mag pouches into the chest rig, on the left side, just as the M4 mags are situated. This will offer me the same narrow profile without adding any extra pouches to the rig to carry pistol mags. For what I do this is ideal. Fast paced, urban, active shooter or deployment, warrants and raids.

I was more than impressed with their flexibility to do custom work and their overwhelming positive attitude. Stu even gave me an impeccable deal that could not be beat by any website. The cost savings was amazing, and he even through in some extra for my war belt.

From guys I know who use their gear, it is bomber.

Thanks ESSTAC!

Feedback Score
    So after a few years of service, how is it holding up? I have had issues getting a hold of them so I'm a little on the fence in that aspect as well. Does anyone have up to date contact info as well?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12