Thread: Sig Sauer Academy?

Feedback Score

Sig Sauer Academy?

I want to get my wife into a basic entry level carbine class (M4). Not really sure were to start. We're in Central New Yorkistan (Syracuse area). I saw that the Sig Sauer Academy in New Hampshire offers a bunch of carbine classes, one specifically for women.

Anyone know anything about the Sig Sauer Academy training? Or another place up in the Northeast/New England area that's good?

My wife's been shooting here carbine for years. Just want to get her some good training. If we find a class that does male and female, I'd go too.

Thanks, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    A little hungover but here are some thoughts on why you should go to Sig.

I have taken several classes at Sig and I think you get you moneys worth in training.
    Enough that I fly in from 1000 miles away.
    On one of my trips there, they were training a certain EU hostage rescue team and we watched them do a practice assault.
    If that gives you any idea of the quality of instruction they do.

They have a nice training facility (mostly outdoors) and when I was there last fall and they were building a new building.
    I think it was a bigger pro-shop and a shooting simulator.

Downside, some of their classes fill up very quickly as they limit the size of the class to 10-12 folks.
    If they have a "guest instructor", some of those fill up shortly after the class dates are posted.

You can use their firearms for most of the classes they offer, if you don't bring your own. There are a few classes that you have to bring your own firearm, such as the low light classes and precision rifle.
    This is a huge bonus for me logistically. I can fly in, grab a rental car and show up for a class. I travel light when at all possible. Plus it is a good way to test drive some of the equipment you might have been eyeing. I ended up with an X5 Legion this way and I might be buying a MPX shortly.
    If you use their firearms you must use their ammo. Sig Academy usually has pretty good prices on their ammo for the classes.

Not sure what you mean by a class that is male and female. All the classes are co-ed except for the ones that state women only.
    There used to be (not sure if she is still there) a female instructor that was a great teacher and good shooter. She was easy on the eyes too.

No excuses, go train.
    Last edited by fedupflyer; 03-04-22 at 11:23. Reason: poor spelling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    A little hungover but here are some thoughts on why you should go to Sig.

I have taken several classes at Sig and I think you get you moneys worth in training.
    Enough that I fly in from 1000 miles away.
    On one of my trips there, they were training a certain EU hostage rescue team and we watched them do a practice assault.
    If that gives you any idea of the quality of instruction they do.

They have a nice training facility (mostly outdoors) and when I was there last fall and they were building a new building.
    I think it was a bigger pro-shop and a shooting simulator.

Downside, some of their classes fill up very quickly as they limit the size of the class to 10-12 folks.
    If they have a "guest instructor", some of those fill up shortly after the class dates are posted.

You can their firearms for most of the classes they offer, if you don't bring your own. There are a few that you have to bring your own, such as the low light classes and precision rifle.
    This is a huge bonus for me logistically. I can fly in, grab a rental car and show up for a class. I travel light when at all possible. Plus it is a good way to test drive some of the equipment you might have been eyeing. I ended up with an X5 Legion this way and I might be buying a MPX shortly.
    If you use their firearms you must use their ammo. Sig Academy usually has pretty good prices on their ammo for the classes.

Not sure what you mean by a class that is male and female. All the classes are co-ed expect for the ones that state women only.
    There used to be (not sure if she is still there) a female instructor that was a great teacher and good shooter. She was easy on the eyes too.

No excuses, go train.
    Thanks for the info!

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm a certified SIG Classic pistol armorer and was trained through one of their academy courses.

It was well run, well organized and a valuable use of my time.

I have no experience with their shooting classes, but beleive if they run their shooting classes as professionally as they run their armorers classes, it would be valuable for your wife.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I'm a certified SIG Classic pistol armorer and was trained through one of their academy courses.

It was well run, well organized and a valuable use of my time.

I have no experience with their shooting classes, but beleive if they run their shooting classes as professionally as they run their armorers classes, it would be valuable for your wife.
    Awesome, thanks my friend.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve heard from reputable sources that they are professional and well run. I’ve been meaning to check them out, myself. I’d like to do whatever they offer for the M17.

Feedback Score
    I have taken classes at sig regularly for the past 15 years. All were good and a few were absolutely great. I would not hesitate to recommend.

Feedback Score
    Definitely gonna try to get her up there. She might not be able to take their women only class. They only have one listed for this year and it's already booked up. Not a big deal, she's been a nurse for almost 30 years and is also a EMT. She's trained with men and women over the years with no issues.

Thanks again guys, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.