Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Vickers Tactical Advanced Pistol/Carbine -- 7/11/08 AAR

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackinfl View Post
    Gentlemen,
    Looks like a great class, but checking yourself for ticks does not sound like fun.
    I see from the few pics you guys posted that alot of you guys including Larry Vickers are running the back of the VCAS at the slot in the stock.

My question is are you guys "choking yourselves with the sling when you transition to the other shoulder?

I see Robb, GotM4, is running the Daniel Defense receiver end plate adapter.

Did Mr. Vickers put out anything on the set upf the VCAS and it's use?

I like the idea of using the slot in the stock, as it is cheaper than buying a new adapter and I think the end of the stock gives the gun some stability when it is slung.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Jack
    That's exactly why I run the end plate from DD. All you have to do when moving to your left shoulder is lift the stock above the sling seat the stock in your left shoulder and get back on target. It's makes the transition a little faster and doesn't choke you.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    we did not get a whole lot of switch shoulder stuff in this class - the advantage to attaching the sling at the rear of the buttstock is it allows the weapon to hang muzzle down naturally - to switch shoulders run out the slack with the adjuster, take your support side arm out of the sling, and switch shoulders - the attachment at the receiver rear is easier because most people DO NOT have to take the support side arm out of the sling - just run out the slack and switch - however like everything in life there is a downside; with the weapon slung it will shift to a horizontal attitude unless controlled and become a safety hazard (sweeping people with your muzzle)

best bet is try someones rifle set up different than yours and see which method you like the best

be safe

LAV

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I tried the end plate configuration but gave it up when I kept smacking my finger on the end plate loop itself while manipulating the charging handle. FWIW, I connect the buttstock end of the sling to the outside of the stock because it stays out of the way when I shoulder the rifle. You can see how I have my sling in the links below (courtesy of Templar ). YMMV.

Before Shouldering

After Shouldering
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks guys! Sorry for the side track.
    Jack
    Colt AR-15/M-16 Armorer, GLock Armorer, HK USP Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    Looks like another great class with LAV. I see quite a few people I know attended. I wish I would have too!! I guess I'll just have to make up for it in the LAV CQB course next week.

Hi-jack back on:

I used to attach the rear of the sling to an end plate adapter but found the sling would occasionally interfere with the charging handle during malfunction drills. In my humble opinion if an accessory interferes with the proper function of the gun then it is a NO GO. I’m a lefty, so maybe that had something to do with it, but that is my experience with the two mounting options.
    YMMV.

Hi-jack end-ex.

Later,
    Josh
    (w)910.323.4739
    www.GreyGroupTraining.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had a great time with you guys and would do it again in a heartbeat,,,,,,,are there videos of the shoot?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Photo's from TD1.

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I have to compliment LAV on his t-shrit choice for TD1

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678