Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's up for the new semiauto m249

Feedback Score

Who's up for the new semiauto m249

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That depends on price. If it is 10 grand, no. That is Barrett money.
    If it were 3500 then maybe.
    Cheaper....Yes. I wouldn't mind having a Minimi just for kicks.

Feedback Score
    Cool alternative to the belt-fed AR and the RPD.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'd buy a new M249 machine gun if by some miracle Hollis v. Holder does anything to 922(o) or the NFA. But a semi-auto beltfed? No.

IIRC new M249 post-samples are in the $7-$8k range, so I would expect an M249S to be a little bit more than that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would like to say that to FNHs credit, they are putting out a scary looking beltfed. Even if it were 10k. Even if it is impractical.

A large, current US small arms supplier is giving us a factory beltfed. 22 years ago Colt voluntarily took off bayo lugs and Bill Ruger said nobody needed over 15 rounds.

And FNH is releasing a beltfed. At times I lament the current zeitgeist but we really have come a long way. No flying cars. No power laces but we are getting rifles and handguns nobody dreamed of getting 20 odd years ago.

I don't want to get on a tangent but if you think about it; right now is a privileged time to be into guns. We've taken ARs to the limit. We have AR alternatives undreamt of 10 years ago. Galil rifles are coming back. It seems like there is just so much.

I cannot help but to marvel. Perhaps the older bygone days of "cheap" pre ban rifles evoke nostalgia but now we live in a future where we have so much. This is the real golden age. I'm really glad I get to see it. Thanks for bearing with me but even if I can't afford it all just knowing it is there is comforting.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I would like to say that to FNHs credit, they are putting out a scary looking beltfed. Even if it were 10k. Even if it is impractical.

A large, current US small arms supplier is giving us a factory beltfed. 22 years ago Colt voluntarily took off bayo lugs and Bill Ruger said nobody needed over 15 rounds.

And FNH is releasing a beltfed. At times I lament the current zeitgeist but we really have come a long way. No flying cars. No power laces but we are getting rifles and handguns nobody dreamed of getting 20 odd years ago.

I don't want to get on a tangent but if you think about it; right now is a privileged time to be into guns. We've taken ARs to the limit. We have AR alternatives undreamt of 10 years ago. Galil rifles are coming back. It seems like there is just so much.

I cannot help but to marvel. Perhaps the older bygone days of "cheap" pre ban rifles evoke nostalgia but now we live in a future where we have so much. This is the real golden age. I'm really glad I get to see it. Thanks for bearing with me but even if I can't afford it all just knowing it is there is comforting.
    For those reasons and many others requires that anyone who mocks this offering be throat punched.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can't say I'm terrible excited about the M249. Too many bad times with its full auto cousin. Wonder if this will be the jam-o-matic that every SAW I've used has been? I guess it'd be the jam-o-semiautomatic.

The FN M16, however, would be nice. I'd love to rebuild the M16A4 that was my first working rifle in the Army.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah not my cup of tea, but I am glad to see an arms maker offer such things to the US consumer market.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Jam-o-matic or not... Better go to the DMV and rip their stupid ticket system off the wall (I'm bitter yes) for the line of people that would want to shoot it at the range.

It's not my cup of tea either just because I have such a long list of things I still need, but if I just had the funds and didn't care... I mean it's a pretty cool toy. This thing, a Barret and or intervention, and a Deagle at the range and you pretty much just made the cool kids table lol.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I agree, we're in a great age (minus the same old nonsense about suppressors and short barrel rifles). FN releasing a belt fed is a good "up yours" to that crowd.

Why they didn't release a Mk46 instead is beyond me. Only reason I can think of is they wanted to maintain the magazine well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast