Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FN to release semi auto M249, as well as M16 and M4 semi auto clones

Feedback Score

FN to release semi auto M249, as well as M16 and M4 semi auto clones

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...o-m249-m4-m16/

fn_M249S_right.jpg

FN M249S™

The FN M249S, a semi-automatic version of the M249 SAW light machinegun, was originally developed by FN Herstal as the FN MINIMI® and adopted by the U.S. Military in 1988. The rifle features the signature 20.5-inch FN cold hammer-forged, chrome-lined barrel and operates from a closed bolt position. Chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO, the rifle will accept both magazine and linked ammunition belt and offers a 4.5-6.5 pound trigger pull out-of-the-box.
    Last edited by 1911-A1; 04-09-15 at 20:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did not see that coming. So, are they going to cut the same corners they did with their AR's?

A semi auto belt fed kindle feels like Lambo with a 4 cylinder IMO. Are they even that accurate?
    Last edited by foxtrotx1; 04-10-15 at 19:21.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I really don't know why I feel this way, but this is ridiculously awesome.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Worth buying if it can be converted to work with a bump stock. Better get a short barrel assy now before people drive the prices up.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    We need to make one of those setups where you put two on the tripod and fire them with a crank. PEW PEW PEW PEW

This might draw me back into .223
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If only the FCG would accept a RDIAS. 10/10, would buy...
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    Did not see that coming. So, are they going to cut the same corners they did with their AR's?

A semi auto belt fed kindle feels like Lambo with a 4 cylinder IMO. Are they even that accurate?
    Curious, what was/is wrong with their ARs?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CFF9314 View Post
    Curious, what was/is wrong with their ARs?
    Not built to mil-spec, because they can't be (Colt owns the TDP, which FN can only use for .gov contracts).

I don't think the M249 will suffer the same problem, though. FN is the owner and builder of its design (unlike AR15s/M4s/etc), I believe, and the promo materials say it's built with the same parts as the military version. Should be 100% other than being SA.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Not built to mil-spec, because they can't be (Colt owns the TDP, which FN can only use for .gov contracts).

I don't think the M249 will suffer the same problem, though. FN is the owner and builder of its design (unlike AR15s/M4s/etc), I believe, and the promo materials say it's built with the same parts as the military version. Should be 100% other than being SA.
    Is this true? Not calling BS, just curious.
    BCM and others make solid ARs (not sure if they are technically "mil-spec" or not) without owning the TDP.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Is this true? Not calling BS, just curious.
    I was citing a review on this site that claimed the RE was 6065 and other stuff... but I emailed their CS and apparently their offering checks the right blocks, even if they are sourced from outside FN, or made on a separate line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast