Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FN to release semi auto M249, as well as M16 and M4 semi auto clones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Not built to mil-spec, because they can't be (Colt owns the TDP, which FN can only use for .gov contracts).

I don't think the M249 will suffer the same problem, though. FN is the owner and builder of its design (unlike AR15s/M4s/etc), I believe, and the promo materials say it's built with the same parts as the military version. Should be 100% other than being SA.
    Interesting that's odd that they are allowed to have the information but not allowed to use it outside of a certain set of circumstances that seems legally very clumsy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CFF9314 View Post
    Interesting that's odd that they are allowed to have the information but not allowed to use it outside of a certain set of circumstances that seems legally very clumsy.
    The TDP was a classified annex to the solicitation.

By requesting the classified annex, the vendor agrees not to use the information contained inside for Commercial sales.

That's why it's a poison apple- otherwise Spike's Craptical or Bushmaster could act like they were serious about throwing in a bid on the recompete and gain access to all the data inside... data that belongs to Colt (that, is the unusual part).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Apparently they are releasing soon...on display at the 2015 NRA Annual Meeting.

image.jpg
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    The TDP was a classified annex to the solicitation.

By requesting the classified annex, the vendor agrees not to use the information contained inside for Commercial sales.

That's why it's a poison apple- otherwise Spike's Craptical or Bushmaster could act like they were serious about throwing in a bid on the recompete and gain access to all the data inside... data that belongs to Colt (that, is the unusual part).
    Thanks. That's interesting, makes sense I guess. sorry for going OT. Anyway civi m249 looks cool but I can't imagine it will be anywhere cheap enough for me to justify buying one. It'll be a hell of a lot fun for anyone who can afford one and afford to feed it. Especially if they make a bump stock for it or by some miracle Hughes gets repealed.
    Last edited by CFF9314; 04-12-15 at 17:02.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    POPS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12