Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Tactical" Discrete SBR bag

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I always liked something like this for discrete
    b242855e-b85a-4eb7-95e7-350f574ed86a_zpsb77dc5ae.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Damn, I really did not need to see that. Just what I needed, another project...

Very cool pic man.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wwdkd View Post
    I always liked something like this for discrete
    b242855e-b85a-4eb7-95e7-350f574ed86a_zpsb77dc5ae.jpg
    Because no one thinks about stealing a guitar? My answer is a heavy construction 1000 Denier Cordura messenger bag. Break the upper and lower down, slip it inside along with a 3 mag soft pouch to keep your mags from rattling around. Maybe get your favorite hardbacks to put on top along with the local paper.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Thread may be an oldie, but the subject is always current. I like the Bulldog 2 padded compartment for hauling broken down. But for an SBR or AR pistol ready to bark when uncovered I have this Mandolin bag. Padded with mag size compartment, not obvious shape and cheap. My 10.5 fits snugly. YMMV

http://www.amazon.com/Guardian-CG-40...=Mandolin+case
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    TNP has posted reviews of a few dedicated "diversion" bags. Have a look at this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grc6JZhx2BA

Looks most like a tennis bag to me, and probably has the dedicated pouches and such. Don't have the time to look, but saying this from memory.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That is brilliant. I may never use my "tacticool" range bag again. I'm a big fan of the "grey man" concept.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"Tactical" Discrete SBR bag

ETA: My bad, this is a thread for SBR bags.
    Last edited by Gombey; 08-17-14 at 23:31.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Because it's multi-purpose, for a discrete SBR bag I prefer the Osprey Manta 28 Day pack, lots of well placed pockets for plenty of gear, regardless of use., very comfortable, well ventilated, even has a hydration system.
    This pack fits a 10.5" SBR (with folding stock) perfectly, and discretely. I also use it for day hikes, fishing hikes, hunting, etc.

Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    that osprey pack looks great and 'generic'. the issue i have with guitar cases and tennis racquet cases is that they're purpose-designed items. just because a rifle fits in a case that looks like it was designed for something else doesn't mean it's discreet. the case needs to be generic enough such that it doesn't look out of place. when would anyone carry a tennis racquet bag other than around a tennis court or from the sporting good store to the car? a guitar case is just too unwieldy and also attracts conversation from other musicians. 'hey, what do you play?'. no one's going to ask about a generic back pack.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
    Because it's multi-purpose, for a discrete SBR bag I prefer the Osprey Manta 28 Day pack, lots of well placed pockets for plenty of gear, regardless of use., very comfortable, well ventilated, even has a hydration system.
    This pack fits a 10.5" SBR (with folding stock) perfectly, and discretely. I also use it for day hikes, fishing hikes, hunting, etc.

What are the interior dimensions? Would it hold a folded AKS-74U?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast