Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: H&K on the brink... H&K G36 is apparently a POS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Saw the test on another thread. Not a perfect comparison, but it doesn't display the massive POI shift reported in even minor ways. Interesting.
    Last edited by Alpha-17; 04-27-15 at 23:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Saw the test on another thread. Not a perfect comparison, but it doesn't display the massive POI shift reported in even minor ways. Interesting.
    Unless the range is duplicated, as I don't see it as a fair test. The difference could be concealed at 50 yards, but exacerbated at 100+. Varying climate and ammo are also confounding factors. Statistically, a larger N would also be needed.

No mistake, i'm not hating on the rifle, just going for proper methods.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I don't have an issue with POI shift from my SL8. I have shot 50 rounds from 2-20 rds and a 10 rd magazine in rapid succession with no issues with POA/POI. In fact I have not had a single malfunction since owning the gun, granted with only a few thousand rounds from it.
    It is a pretty heavy profile barrel.
    When I get a chance, if I remember, I will take it out and shoot some groups and post.
    The TFB article says the accuracy problems occur in as little as 4 mags on full auto. So at the minimum, you shouldn't expect to see a problem until you've fired 120 rds full auto or probably 130 rds on quick semi auto.

50 rds isn't even half way to the minimum failure point.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I did not read the article, only the posts in the thread. Lucky for me I don't shoot my SL-8 full auto.

If I have some ammo to waste, I may try a 150ish round test. Anyone want to donate some 5.56 to the cause, LOL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    The TFB article says the accuracy problems occur in as little as 4 mags on full auto. So at the minimum, you shouldn't expect to see a problem until you've fired 120 rds full auto or probably 130 rds on quick semi auto.

50 rds isn't even half way to the minimum failure point.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 04-28-15 at 09:56.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Last edited by Abraxas; 04-29-15 at 06:14.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    And very supportive to "shut down HK" project of some extremely lefty / green politicians.

They even planned to build concrete "sarcophagus" over HK plantm by dumping concrete from helicopters. Seriously. They even had crowd-funding campaign on that:

https://youtu.be/tvPoncNYF5g
    Wouldn't it just be easier to raze it? Not that I want to, I like HK, just asking a question.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    Wouldn't it just be easier to raze it? Not that I want to, I like HK, just asking a question.
    Progressive lefty activists. They assumed HK would repel any ground assault, but did not think that G28, HK121 and GMG would work fine as improvised AAA
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    Progressive lefty activists. They assumed HK would repel any ground assault, but did not think that G28, HK121 and GMG would work fine as improvised AAA
    Good point.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubio Negro View Post
    Taken from the article and kept in context.

The first suggestions that the gun might be faulty date back to April 2010, when 32 Bundeswehr paratroopers were ambushed by Taliban fighters in northern Afghanistan. Three German soldiers were killed in a nine-hour firefight. The G36 was said to have overheated, forcing the Germans to retreat.

For years no action was taken. Then defense minister von der Leyen commissioned a new study of the weapon. It was completed last month and the results were damning.

"In demanding battle situations, precise engagement of the enemy is not reliable," the confidential report, seen by Reuters, reads.

In Oberndorf, the report was greeted with fury and incredulity.

Why, Heckler and Koch asks, does Germany suddenly have a problem with a weapon its military has used for nearly 20 years? Why haven't other G36 countries complained? And why are politicians rather than troops who use the rifle criticizing it?

"It looks to me like von der Leyen has jumped at the chance to send a tough message to a company that cannot fight back because it's relatively small and has an image problem," said Thomas Wiegold, a Berlin journalist who blogs on defense issues.

A German officer with experience in Afghanistan, who spoke to Reuters on condition of anonymity, said: "Any weapon gets hot if you shoot it long enough. The G36 is not a machine gun and it's not made to be one."
    Bolded for truth.
    Last edited by MorphCross; 05-14-15 at 12:15.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011