Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul MOE

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Magpul MOE

The Magpul MOE series has garnered quite a bit of attention from lots of different types of shooters and manufacturers. The Magpul Original Equipment Pistol Grips have now been brought into production, and are going to be available in all the standard Magpul colors.

For those who are unaware, MOE standards for Magpul Original Equipment.

I've been using the MOE pistol grip (and shooting pictures of them) for a little while now, and have no doubt at all that these will be as durable as the MIAD.

I've got a review written up as well as additional pictures for the MOE pistol grip at the below link for those who are interested.

www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3666#post3666

I'll update this thread with pictures, and answer whatever questions I can based on my experiences with the MOE products (I have no info to release as far as products until Magpul authorizes it). As more MOE products come online, and as Magpul authorizes the release of additional pictures and info for upcoming MOE items, that will be posted in this thread as well. Hopefully other people will do the same.

Hopefully the Magpul crew will be able to answer questions with everything else they have going on.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is this the equivalent of the medium backstrap and smooth fronstrap of the MIAD?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    That grip looks pretty much like exactly what I want. I have a Falcon Ergo on mine right now, and while passable that MOE grip is exactly what I want.

Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    Being a huge fan of the Hogue grip, I am holding out for the MOE Plus. Which if the grapevine is right, should be anytime now.
    Jason G Trusty
    GEAR SECTOR™
    www.gearsector.com
    1-877-556-GEAR ( Toll Free )
    1-219-406-5795 ( Direct )

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is this the equivalent of the medium backstrap and smooth fronstrap of the MIAD?

Exactly. That is what most people use in their MIAD configurations evidently. I guess that makes me a freak running the other front strap.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrusty View Post
    Being a huge fan of the Hogue grip, I am holding out for the MOE Plus. Which if the grapevine is right, should be anytime now.

Until otherwise directed, I have no idea what you are referring to.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Stick,

The "Plus" version is the same grip with a rubber overmolding incorporated for a tackier grip. According to their catalog, it will retail for $3 more dollars than the plain, MOE version (which is the same polymer as the MIAD from what I understand).

Feedback Score
    Is the grip plug/cover the same or at least compatible with the MIAD?

Stephen

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    Stick,

The "Plus" version is the same grip with a rubber overmolding incorporated for a tackier grip. According to their catalog, it will retail for $3 more dollars than the plain, MOE version (which is the same polymer as the MIAD from what I understand).
    I believe he knows what you are talking about, but is just stating that he can not say anything about it yet until he has permission.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_ATS View Post
    Is the grip plug/cover the same or at least compatible with the MIAD?

Stephen

Same one from what I can tell, and all of my current MIAD cores drop into place and lock in without any problem.
    Stick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast