Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st AR Purchase: Rebel Arms

Feedback Score

1st AR Purchase: Rebel Arms

Took the leap today and purchased my 1st 556 AR, a Rebel Arms Lightning Mod II. Hard case was included.
    http://rebelarms.com/index.php/weapo...ng-mod-ii.html

Prior to purchase, did a lot of reading/searching on this forum and visited a number of gun shops here in NJ. Lou's Gun Shop in Raritan, NJ, were very helpful and knowledgeable. Had them put a pair of MGUS Pros on it. Searching for optics now.

Thanks for prior posts, opinions, and history, it was very helpful.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never heard of those. Congrats!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    You found info on them here? I don't think I've ever seen them mentioned.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I live 5 minutes from Lou's...good guys. Congrats on the new rifle! Get that thing out to Range 14 to shoot. Best spot to shoot in NJ if you don't have private property.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b2dap1 View Post
    I live 5 minutes from Lou's...good guys. Congrats on the new rifle! Get that thing out to Range 14 to shoot. Best spot to shoot in NJ if you don't have private property.
    Thanks for the tip.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like Lou's is GTG.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OP, let us know how it shoots will ya? I grew up in eastburg, so I've been thinking about picking one of those up for a while but havent since there is no real word yet on how tough they are.
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I did some work on one of their rifles a few weeks ago. The barrel came loose on it after about 200 rounds.
    I did not like the quality of any of the parts except for the barrel. There were a lot of Yankee Hill parts on it. The way the rail locked up and the quality of the components like the barrel nut were little to be desired.
    The guy who brought me the rifle for repair now owns a BCM KMR ELW.
    Last edited by CoryCop25; 04-29-15 at 05:58.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I did some work on one of their rifles a few weeks ago. The barrel came loose on it after about 200 rounds.
    I did not like the quality of any of the parts except for the barrel. There were a lot of Yankee Hill parts on it. The way the rail locked up and the quality of the components like the barrel nut were little to be desired.
    The guy who brought me the rifle for repair now owns a BCM KMR ELW.
    I contacted Rebel Arms concerning the above. Below is their response:

Infadel (Edited),

No, we do not use Yankee Hill parts. We are not affiliated with Yankee Hill in anyway.

Unfortunately some gunshop / gunshow vendors have taken stripped lowers and built rifles out of them. That is most likely the case with this professed gunsmith. We don't condone this practice and when it happens we follow up directly with the shop/FFL doing that as it actually becomes a legal issue if they are manufacturing a rifle from our lowers on their own.

Considering we have a lifetime warranty we should of recieved that rifle that fell apart after 200 rounds and fixed for free. The offer still stands to whomever had this issue: send us the serial and if it was a real rifle made by us we will rebuild or replace the entire rifle.

Only rifle I'm aware of that had a similar story was few months back and ended up being a stripped lower we sold at least a year or two earlier from date of problem. After researching it we found the record of sale and proof it was sold as a lower. What happened after was as I mentioned before: a shop using sub-par parts and passing it off as a rifle we made.

If you could link me to the thread we can address this issue directly.

We also gladly check serials to confirm they were sold as complete rifles or not.

You can copy/paste my reply to the thread too if you would like: or mention this person with issue can contact me directly and I'll check his serial number for him.

In cases where a gunshop is passing a shop build as a Rebel Arms Corp product we can work with the customer when they contact the shop to get things worked out.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Matt LaFrance
    Rebel Arms Corp.
    Operations Manager
    Sales: (855)-732-3527 ext:104
    Fax (855)-732-3515
    Email:Matt@rebelarms.com
    www.rebelarms.com

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    http://rebelarms.com/index.php/weapo...ing-mod-i.html

This was the rifle and it was purchased complete from Rebel.
    The handguard was sub par and the gas block was YHM and it was a clamp on.
    I'm not knocking Rebel or their customer service in any way but I can think of 5 different rifles that would be much better quality at about $200.00 less.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast